“A Jewel waiting to be discovered!! Perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dinning room
2nd Bedroom Balcony
View to private balcony form 2nd Bdrm
Badroom 2nd bdrm (All are very similar)
Casa del Virrey entrance. Common area
Casa del Virrey common area
Dinning room
Cartagena Walld City
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
JRynine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Jewel waiting to be discovered!! Perfect Location”
Reviewed 6 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

This home is as, if not more, amazing in person than the pictures show. I would recommend the home for small groups since each of the 4 bedrooms has its own bathroom. The pool, jacuzzi, showers, everything is as shown. Very cleanly kept, the housekeeper does an amazing job. And you absolutely MUST hire the cook! Well worth every peso!

We stayed in the bedroom upstairs, which was right next to the jacuzzi. The room was excellent with one minor leak, when it rained but it did not affect anything in the room. The location of the upstairs room was ideal since my boyfriend and I were the only couple in the group and it afforded us privacy.

The other 3 bedrooms are in the main portion of the house and each has its view to the courtyard or pool. Plugs were 110v type plugs. Each room is fully furnished and quite comfortable. One of the rooms has a lower ceiling shower so if you're really tall (like one of the guys in our group) just be sure to stay in one of the other rooms.

Living room and dining room were wonderful and fit at least 4 of us comfortably on the couch. TV, sound systems amazing! The house has built-in surround sound which easily plugs into an ipod, a definite plus when sitting in the jacuzzi.

LOCATION: I cannot say enough about the location of this house. Everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. Even Boca Grande, which is the tourist beach area is a reasonable walk away (about 2 miles). All of the sites in Old City (El Centro) were within 15 mins or less of walking. There's a supermarket about 2 mins walking distance, which is where we got all of our water and snacks. The ride from the airport is approx. 10mins, may have actually been shorter. The only time we used a cab was to go to and from the airport and to go to the mud volcano. We were there 7 days.

Given there were much fewer tourists staying in El Centro, I thought it gave it a more pleasant stay.

Finally, Ivan was very easy to communicate with. We had a small snag with our arrival times but that was quickly sorted out. He promptly returned our deposit and really I have no complaints or issues with dealing with Ivan.

Our entire group was extremely extremely pleased with this place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location!
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Warriorlo...
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, comfortable, safe”
Reviewed 12 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

This house looks exactly like its pictures - it's pristine and fresh - spacious, beautifully decorated, comfortably designed and furnished. It is exactly as described, and highly recommended. A great location within the old town, but extremely quiet and safe as it does not face the street.

Ivan Tovar, the owner and manager, is a pleasure to deal with - honest and straight forward.

The house has 1 very large master bedroom, 2 smaller but still well sized doubles and one smaller room on the top floor, again also a double, but perhaps less suitable for a couple.

The housekeeper is a delight, helpful friendly and responsive, but not ever in the way. The optional cook is well worth reserving at least for some of your stay, as she really is very talented. Neither speak any english (the only reason it's 4 not 5 stars for service), but I'd think this would be manageable with enough creative gestures and ernest facial expressions.

I have no qualms or reservations about recommending this house, I'm sure I'll be back.

Travelling group: With Friends

IL USA
Reviewed 11 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Reviewing...
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“The luxury of a Five Star hotel with all the comfort of home”
Reviewed 2 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Casa del Virrey 108 is located in the heart of Cartagena, it's walking distance from all the sites and restaurants. You really couldn't have a better location!
The house sits on the back of the property so it's private and quiet. We also felt extremely safe during our stay.
The decoration is out of a magazine and what you see in the pictures is what you get. The house is beautiful!
The service is outstanding. The housekeeper took really good care of us and made our stay very comfortable. She keeps the house in pristine condition.
I HIGHLY recommend getting the chef services. Ana is an amazing cook and everything she made was delicious! It's also a great value because dinning out in Cartagena can be pricey.
Ivan, the owner is very accommodating and professional. He takes great pride in this property and it shows. He was very easy to work with, very honest and friendly.
I recommend this property for any age group. Our party ranged from seniors to adults teens as well as children. Everyone enjoyed their stay, we would all love to go back!
Cartagena is a beautiful city and staying at Casa del Virrey made our trip unforgettable.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Management Response
2 Mar 2011
Thank you for your words, I hope you come back soon!!
Bogota
Reviewed 5 January 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: All the things the house is beautiful
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
atlanta
Reviewed 16 December 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Liked best: location &house
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Young singles A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing