“Cartagena, I will be back again.”
other travellers have booked this property
POOL OVER LOOKING THE BEACH GYM
BEDROOM NO.1
BATHROOM NO.1
BATHROOM NO.1
BEDROOM NO.2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013

People with disabilities Older travelers
3 Jun 2013
I am so glad you had a great time in my apartment in Cartagena and I will be happy to have you back any time.
I look forward to having your brother and other friends stay in my apartment also.
I took care of the toilet paper issue and it won't be a problem in the future.
Best Regards,
Gloria
mirtha425
New York City, New York
“can't beleive pictures”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

the apartment was advertised as luxury building and condo, there was nothing luxury about it. After going through 2 sets of security stations, we were shown the apartment by the taxi driver who was an employee of the management. The apartment was all dusty, the furniture broken down, the mattresses were 1" thick, the sheets and towels were so worn out that they were almost translucent and rough, the silverware was rusted and kitchen cabinets off hinges and one was padlocked???the balcony(very small) had a plastic white table a 4 chairs that had never been cleaned - it was very grimy YUCK!
The driver told us that his management really did not take care of this apartment, that they were just handling keys for the owner of the unit. He showed us another unit in the building, managed by his company, and said that he just wanted us to know that their apartments were nicely kept - it was true- everything was pristine on that unit, unfortunately it was not available to us. Needless to say, we did not stay in the unit.The owner "Gloria" refused to reimburse us and said we were to picky, she did not even had the courtesy to answer our e-mail. We had to scrambled to get a hotel room at 10pm.
The pictures on the internet are probably from the time the apartment was new which is no longer the case.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: there was nothing I liked with regards to this unit.
Liked least: the sour taste it has left in my mouth
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 May 2013
First of all you were given the opportunity to post 2 reviews on my apartment which is supposed to be against Flipkey guidelines. But since they allowed it I will respond in the same way I did on the other review you submitted.
In regards to “can’t believe pictures”, the pictures are updated when new decorations or furniture are added. The pictures you saw were added in the past six months. After you reviewed the pictures and before you made the reservation you said:
“Hi saw your place and it looks great. We are 3 adults from NYC married couple and female friend. We are coming to Colombia for 11 days and starting in Bogata then to Cartagena. We would like to stay at your place it looks ideal for us. Thanks Todd Byrnes”.

We are not the Hilton or some other high end hotel, we offer a very comfortable and clean apartment where you can relax and enjoy your stay. The security gates are provided for your safety. It prevents people from just walking in off the street who don’t belong there.

You had requested transportation from the airport and we provided that for you. Since we accommodate guests arriving at all hours and you arrived late that night the daytime administrator was not there. The taxi driver who is also an employee of the building was just as capable as any other employee to show you to your apartment.

By your own admission you were only there 10 minutes. It is hard for me or anyone else to believe you were able to check for dust, check all the furniture, look at the towels and sheets and go through the silverware and whatever else you looked at in that short period of time. By the way the padlock on the cabinets is where I keep the extra sheets and towels which are refreshed on a daily basis. The statement regarding what the driver told you saying that the management doesn’t take care of my apartment is absolutely absurd. The same people who clean the other apartments also clean my apartment.

Every effort was made to accommodate you but your negative attitude toward the staff and the apartment wouldn’t let that happen. If I were a traveler looking for a place in Cartagena and came across my apartment and read your review and then read all the other positive reviews I would have to believe there was some other reason for this guest to be so negative. The comments that you made in this review and the previous one have no validity what so ever.
Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

tbnyc1
New York City, New York
“VERY DISAPPOINTED with Apartment and owner”
Reviewed 9 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

This was a disaster from the minute we walked into the apartment. The place was not clean enough to be comfortable it just felt grimy. The bathrooms where gross and the toilets where dirty. There was one towel for each quest and it was like a piece of gauze pathetic to say the least. The mattresses were 1 inch thick and had yellowish "white" sheets yuck. There where Tkitchen cabinets that had chains and locks around the handles to protect her pots and pans I guess. We spent 10 minutes in there and never went back we went straight to the Hilton down the street. We had booked the place for 6 nights and when we contacted Gloria about the condition of the apartment. Her attitude was that we were [--] out of Luck. We asked her to do the right thing and return 50% of the $975 we paid through paypal and she NEVER responded to that request. As far as I'm concerned this was a total mistake and Gloria RIPPED US OFF of $975.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 May 2013
A review or critique should be given to someone to help improve a situation but NEVER with the intent of damaging or harming someone’s reputation. I do not take this review to be helpful in any way. I delivered exactly what I offered, a very clean apartment, the pictures on the website do not lie and it was approved by you with these words “this looked like the ideal place for us”. I do understand we are not the Hilton Hotel which you mentioned several times that you were expecting nothing less, but also there is a difference between renting an apartment and staying in a Hotel.
As you mentioned you were only there 10 minutes, this is hardly enough time for you to go over the entire place and determine (sheets, towels, bathroom, pot and pans, beds etc) were in the condition you mentioned. The statements you made are totally untrue. The staff takes pride in the general presentation of the apartment.
The Administrator and her staff tried everything possible to please you. Your attitude toward these people was very disrespectful even though they were trying very hard to accommodate you.
I found out about this situation from my administrator that night, I never talked or communicated with you because you never give the administrator the opportunity to continue serving you with all your demands. I only got an email 2 days later from you, which I answered explaining that I had delivered the apartment that I offered in perfect condition and if you make the decision to leave and stay at the Hilton it was your decision.
When you ask for the money back the administrator explained to you that this had to be taken care through me, to which you responded “if I don’t get my money back she will face the consequences”. This sounds like a threat to me. You were not ‘ripped off’ because you were given every opportunity to stay there and we wanted to make your stay a pleasant experience. I reserved these dates for you, letting other request know that those dates were booked.
All of my guests in the past 4 years of renting the apartment had nothing but great complements and were so thankful for the wonderful service we provided and many have returned on their vacations.
Vancouver/San Joaquin de Flores
Reviewed 30 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Alberta
Reviewed 26 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

New York
Reviewed 9 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$145
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing