“Best Food And Service”

Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I Really enjoyed myself there, they have cocktails 2x1 in any combination as you like Amazing! The Posta Cartagenera, best Black Beef i have tasted is made with beer and they put some "panela" to make a Bitter Sweat Taste Really Good, Beside the good Service And Nice Music Live Cumbian Among others... Its a really good place to realx and have a good time with your friends.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I've read several reviews of people saying the food wasn't that good and am wondering if they ate at the same restaurant I did. The food was fantastic and by far some of the best I had on my trip to Colombia. The cocktails were also excellent. I normally like to try new things while travelling and very rarely eat at the same restaurant more than once but the food was so good there I went back several times. The decor was very nice and I had no issues with the service at all. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a fantastic restaurant is Cartagena.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

A local friend took me here and told me that the place has some of the best cocktails in cartagena. She recommended the Macondo Verde and we both ordered the same drink. Very delicious and refreshing, with lots of fresh mint which I love. There was a traditional dance performance that started around 9pm and invited guests to join at the end of the show. It was very colorful and the owner took the time to send pictures of us dancing with the dance group to our email addresses which I thought was a nice personal touch.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

It looks like a nice place and advertises 2x1 drinks during happy hour. So we went in with my boyfriend cause I wanted to have a drink. My boyfriend was not so excited about having a drink. Anyway I ordered two mojitos since it was happy hour. and the lady said that happy hour two for one is personal offer. So they cannot give one mojito for me and one for my boyfriend. So I said okey.. I will just have one for myself so two just for me. Lady got really angry about my boyfriend not ordering anythign and service was really slow. She only brought me one drink first and when i had finished that, only then i could get the second. REally bad feeling. You dont feel like going there again.

borisain, Gerente at La Plaza de Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Mrs. Johanna,

Thanks for your review, you're right and on behave of La Plaza de Macondo's staff we apologige for the inconvinience. We have change the policy of happy hours to the table for futures costumers. In the other matter of the waitress, we have traind again all of the staff for better comunication to the costumers avoiding bad messages such as angry on a take of orders.

Again we apologize for the inconvinience and thanks you for taking the time to let us know about your experience so that way we can correct our service, please extend this to your boyfriend as well.

Best regards,

BORIS SAIN BARBOZA
Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We read great reviews on the food, even though the atmosphere sounded a little kitschy/tourist, we thought it could be fun & that street in Getsemane seems up and coming. Staff was sweet & attentive, traditional music was blaring but fun, and decor was pretty over the top touristy...food pretty dry & bland - after the explosion of flavors we've had in Cartagena it just didn't hold up. Might be fun in the high season if you really want to see some traditional dance, but overall I tend to shy away from the more tourist fabricated experience. Can't say I would recommend to any of my friends.

borisain, Manager at La Plaza de Macondo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Thanks for taking the time to write us about your expirience in our restaurant.

We are depply sorry for not fullfill your expertacion about the place, but this review will help us improve the recepies, and the ambiance of the place.

Once more thanks for letting us know your comments.

Best regards,