It's 10 years since I first stayed at the Santa Clara; 20 or so stays in the first 3 and once or twice a year since then; its a bit more distant from Aberdeen now. Heading back in the summer. I am surprised to see it rates only 3rd (at time of writing). I have stayed in the current number 1 and there is no comparison. The Santa Clara is superior in every way, rooms, pool, dining, spa, ambiance & service. The people may have changed over these past 10 years but the standards never drop. Easily the top hotel in a fabulous city, well worth the visit. Met my wife there, got married there, spent many a night with friends and family in the squares, bars and restaurants. Its great to see a new buzz and vitality in the City, the cruise ships are back and as will I.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel