Sure, it's expensive and sure when we pulled up with our luggage the two guys at the door looked right through us like we were made of glass, but hey, we can carry our own luggage to the front desk. It might've just been bad timing.
After that, everything was really great. We enjoyed our time at the pool very much and chatted with some other folks around us. It's a great little touristy neighborhood that surrounds the hotel and good food was easy to come by.
The interior courtyard is really beautiful and a real nice way to start the day with breakfast every morning. Interestingly, this being my first trip to Colombia, I had assumed I'd be surrounded with delicious coffee everywhere, but it turned out the best coffee I had in my 6-day trip was in the Santa Clara.
The pool staff was excellent, though if they would've just asked me from time to time, I'm sure they could've sold me twice as many drinks and snacks as I had ultimately purchased.
Our room on the 4th floor was perfect and room service/housekeeping was fast and courteous.
We watched a fun 3-piece band in the hotel's bar one night and there was great energy there for us 40-somethings. Again, the staff and architecture here really make you feel like you're someplace special.
Friends of ours in NYC recommended this hotel and we are glad to do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel