A truly lovely hotel in an old convent within the old city walls of Cartagena. The building is beautifully restored and sympathetically extended. The lush planting in the courtyard is delightful and it is just lovely to sit in the cloisters and have a drink or a meal.
Rooms are beautifully furnished and bathrooms excellent. Restaurant and bar food is lovely.
Pool excellent. There is a spa but we didn't use it - just ran out of time!
Staff are thoroughly professional, friendly and could not be more helpful.
The location means you can walk around the old city at any time - and there is so much to see.
A fabulous place to stay and enjoy this beautiful city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel