Hilton Cartagena
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$170
Hotel Las Americas Torre del Mar(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$150
Hotel Capilla del Mar(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Vistamarina Casa Hotel(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
Hampton by Hilton Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Sonesta Hotel Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$119
Hotel Dann Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
  • Pool
US$166
US$135
Corales de Indias(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$120
Travelocity
Zalmedina Hotel(Cartagena)
US$67
US$58
2,469 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeprivate beachdiamond memberold citytennis courtswalled cityswim up barpool areacorner roompools are greatbreakfast buffetocean viewminute taxi ridefamily vacationboca grandeamazing hotelchimay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visit Cartagena about once a month with my wife. We have tried almost every hotel in the city. The Cartagena Hilton is nice because it is right on the beach, but I still do not think it is worth the high price they charge. Many of the hotels there have nice swimming pools and clean/safe rooms, but less expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank David B
Vinod A, General Manager at Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr. David

Thanks for visiting Cartagena de Indias and choosing our hotel for your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us, we really appreciate it. Thanks! We are glad to know you enjoyed our hotel and location right on the beach.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the pool area. The walking area should be swept and mopped with a disinfectant daily. The pool was dirty with hair, dead ants and mosquitos floating on the water and leaves from nearby plants and trees. I couldn't swim a stroke without something floating on the water all around me. I found it disgusting! I couldn't wait to take a shower after I got out of the pool. The area around the pools were dirty and lots of bird poop. Definitely would not walk around in bare feet. The hot tubs were not hot and had sand in them. We were turned off to go to the beach because we didn't get to step on the sand before we were bombarded by hawkers trying to sell us boat rides or "massages". The beach area should be roped off so the guests aren't bothered. There was garbage on the beach too. The dining and pool staff stand around most of the time with nothing to do. Customer service is poor. I was at the pool area for 4 hours one day and was not approached once if I wanted a drink. The tables outside in the dining area are old and cracked and should be replaced or cover them with tablecloths. We couldn't see out of the window in our hotel room because the glass was so dirty. I would not stay here again. It's a shame. Some TLC could really make a difference!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon A
Vinod A, General Manager at Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Mrs. Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of our pool and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for a convention last February. First off let's start with the taxi service. To travel from the airport to the hotel is only $10 US, The cab drivers will try to charge you anywhere from $40 to $20 depending on your driver. It's best to determine your fare before you get in the cab. Just an FYI cabs are a wonderful way to see the city, we paid $6 US (each way) to travel around the city from our hotel. I have to confess my first impression of every hotel is how I am treated by the hotel desk clerks. The clerks at the Hilton were amazing! They make sure to greet you when you pass them in the morning and evenings, and are extremely helpful. My hotel room was spacious and clean and the bed (the most important part of my room) was perfect. I rarely eat in a hotel because I am not often fond of hotel food, but I can say that the breakfast buffet was excellent, It offered a wide variety of fruits, breads and main course selections. I can't review the evening meals because we ate out every night enjoying the local cuisines. The hotel clerk recommended a local indian restaurant The Genesha, being a vegetarian I was in heaven. What a great place to eat. The staff was accommodating when we asked if we could eat outside. The portions of the food are large, and the options for both meat eaters and veggie lovers are plenty. The hotel has a great outside pool. I didn't have time to walk out to the beach but the view was amazing. People asked me if I felt safe being in Columbia I found that interesting and then realized that we only hear the negative reports in the media, not the positive stories. I had a great time and despite what you read there are plenty of tourists heading to this charming city. Going to see the Walled City is a must! The converted old convent which is now a hotel and restaurant is charming. I would definitely recommend the hotel for business or pleasure trips.

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Vinod A, General Manager at Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Michelle

Thank you for taking the time for share your experience at the Hilton Cartagena and give us a five (5) start rating! We appreciate it. We are happy to know that the hotel facilities, strategic location and team members hospitality allowed you to enjoy a great experience! Thanks for visiting our lovely city and choosing our property for your stay. Should your travels bring you back for business or pleasure, we would be delighted to welcoming you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hotel is located on the ocean but a 15 minute taxi ride to the walled city. My room was upgraded. lots of space to spread out. The bath room was a great size with a fantastic shower. parts of the hotel looked updated but the restaurant and hallways were clearly in need of a new look. Breakfast buffet had interesting an selection but you will not find much familiar which is ok with me because I enjoy sampling the local cuisine. I booked this hotel because of the great value. hotels in the walled city are expensive. If you want a safe place to stay try the Hilton. I would return.

Room Tip: upgrade your room to a high floor. ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest.

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay at out hotel. It is good to know that you enjoyed the comfort of Executive Rooms. Your feedback is really important to us. Thanks! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Three friends and I took a vacation and decided to stay here for 7 nights, after all the Hilton Brand is recognized as one with a certain standard. We were not at all disappointed. From daily buffet breakfast to fine dining at La Chivas to enjoyable thin crust pizza and beer at Al Forno and pool side relaxing.

The general atmosphere of the hotel is friendly. Staff are well mannered and very helpful. At this time let me make special mention to Edwin, Gustavo and the omlette lady who always greeted us with warm welcome and smiles and in some cases went above and beyond. (speaking English et al)

Location for me was perfect, it was close to almost everything and taxi fare was CHEAP for those places which people would want to say are far. Taxis were in abundance flying past the corner every 4 seconds lol .....the strip itself was interesting , food places, bars, bread shops, minimarts. We literally had no complaints. Ohhhh and the carriage rides which would also pass there to entice you in that LOVELYYYYYYYYYYYY carriage ride into Old City.

Will Definitely go again !!

We thank Hilton Cartagena for a wonderful stay !

Room Tip: Ocean View !! ...Win win choice :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs. Janelle,

We are pleased to know you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. It is good to know that the warmth of our team members, menu, strategic location as well as our pool complex met your expectations. I personally will share your comments with Edwin, Gustavo and Josefina, they will be glad to know you enjoyed their hospitality. We would be delighted to welcoming you back during your future visits to Cartagena de Indias.