All reviewsrooftop poolbeautiful hotelold citywalled cityinternal courtyardcoconut lemonadestar hotelbuffet breakfastcaribbean seajunior suitesouth americalocation was perfectthree nightsgreat poolrosario islandsthe air conditioninghuevos
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I came to Cartagena for a conference and was booked at the Santa Teresa for 3 nights. The hotel helped me arrange transportation from the hotel, and were very welcoming when I got to the hotel. My room was ready before the official check in time, so I was able to relax for a bit before going to my meetings.

The room was very nice (second floor on the side of the hotel) and not very loud. The AC definitely works in the room (which is VERY important in Cartagena!). The hotel has a great pool upstairs that I did not get to enjoy because it closed at 6pm and my meetings were over before then. The hotel also has a gym which is definitely a plus for me personally.

Staff was very friendly and willing to help. Food was also very good for breakfast with a large selection of things to eat for breakfast.

I would have given it a 4.5 but that it is not an option. This is definitely a good choice hotel if you are looking for that luxury feeling but don't mind that it is a bigger place with more people walking in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Maria O
CharlestonStaTeresa, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Ms. Maria,

Receive warm greetings on behalf of Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Our rooftop pool actually closes at 7:00 pm so we hope that you could enjoy it next time!

We will let know our team your kind words because this is of great motivation for all of us.

Hope to have you with us again very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Our family had a great 4-night stay at the Santa Teresa. The hotel is located at the edge of the old city, right by one of the walls, and is a convenient base for exploring a very walkable city. The rooftop location of the pool affords an excellent 360-degree view of the city. Unlike one of the posters, we had excellent service all around: from breakfast to the pool to the (super) concierge. Lastly the rooms are well-appointed and armed with intense AC-- immediate relief from the Cartagena heat!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PolyVi
CharlestonStaTeresa, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear PolyVi,

Receive our warmest greetings on behalf of Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa.

Thank you for your generous words.
We strive everyday to offer you the best service and quality in everything we do.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Always at your service,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My partner and I booked a 5 night stay at the Charleston Santa Teresa. We had been recommended this hotel by a colleague, however, the service and the staff surpassed all of our expectations. Every staff member was warm and welcoming. Fredy, the manager, couldn't have been more accommodating and outgoing. We were truly impressed by the way he went above and beyond for us. The rooftop pool was our favorite hangout when we weren't roaming the shops or visiting the islands. Our favorite server, Gustavo, served us with exceptional quality and attentiveness. He charmed and spoiled us with the best cocktails, my favorite being his creation, a mandarin caipirinha (I named it the Gustavo). The concierge, Ruben, also helped us out with planning our excursions and adventures.

Our experience was so outstanding, we ended up staying an extra two days! We had visited other hotels in the area for lunch and dinner, however, nothing came close to the elegance, quality, most importantly, warmth of the people. Needless to say we never wanted to leave! Not only did we come back to NYC well rested and tan, we came back inspired by the way we were treated. Being in the service industry myself, there is nothing more important than leaving a good impression. Believe me, I have never been more impressed!

Thank you Fredy and your team for making our first trip to Cartagena an absolute treasure

We hope to see you soon, amigos!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raul C
CharlestonStaTeresa, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Mr. Raul,

Please receive warm greetings on behalf of our team Charleston Santa Teresa.

We are very grateful for the kindness of your words. Messages like this one are our greatest motivation to keep serving our guests the best way we can.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve and offer the best experience.

I will let Ruben, Fredy, and Gustavo about your special mention!
We hope you may visit us very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel is a delight. The rooms are lovely, the lobby fragrant with beautiful flowers, and the staff is helpful and attentive.

Our concierge, Ruben, made a real difference in our Cartagena experience. He greeted us as we checked in and made sure to say hello every time he saw us. He helped us with several reservations including a private horse carriage ride before dinner and then arranging to have us dropped off at our restaurant in time for our reservation. Make sure to say hi to Ruben while you are there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nolsen357

Dear Guest Nolsen357,

Pleasure to greet you on behalf of the Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa.

Thank you for your great message!

We are very glad Ruben was of such great help to you and we will let him know of this very special mention. This is without a doubt our biggest motivation!

It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The hotel is in an excellent location in the old city, but the service and overall value of the hotel has lost it charm and appeal. The pool at the hotel at the hotel needs a serious upgrade and the service while your at the pool is horrible. Management is trying and very responsive, but the hotel needs to improve or it will lose customers to the many other attractive options in the old city.

Room Tip: The rooms need to be updated
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CharlestonStaTeresa, Public Relations at Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Mr. Matthewv425,

Please receive our warmest regards on behalf of our entire team Charleston Santa Teresa in Cartagena.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and thank you for choosing us as your option in this beautiful city. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. Everyday we are giving our best to give the best service and this of course includes our one and only rooftop pool. We are looking into this precise case and why did we fail to serve you like we should have.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and if you do please let me know so that I may personally take care of your experience.