Decameron Cartagena
US$154
US$269
US$234
  • Breakfast included
Casa India Catalina(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$298
Travelocity
1,960 results
All reviewsnighttime entertainmentdecameron aquariumevening showscabernet sauvignonold citytypical resortcity tourhotel offerwalled citysan pedrorooms are basic but cleana la carte restaurantsmassage ladiesno graciaslimited englishfree shuttlecab ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Despite having to pay upfront and in full, this hotel is so bad that it begs belief. The terrible service began at the airport when they only had half of our group booked in for a transfer. We all had diff rooms (not the ones we booked) and ours stank of damp. When we got to our transfer to the much hyped Baru island resort they again only had half the names and refused to resolve the issue. I cant review Baru yet because i am sitting in the valet parking area watching our bags while my group argues with the management ..... getting absolutely nowhere. We feel like we have been robbed. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: February 2013
11  Thank Lynnyg3
Reviewed 10 February 2013

If you going to Cartagena de India, Colombia Decameron Hotel is a great choice. Everything in this hotel is very organized .You don't speak Spanish?NO PROBLEM always is someone with whom you can communicate in English. Employees are very nice and willing to help..If you would like to have a room with sea view just ​​send an e-mail before leaving. Ginette, manager at the front desk speaks English and she is very helpful in every situation. Meals are tasty, the rooms are basic but clean.Employees at this hotel are always smiling and professional approach to their work so why it is worth appreciate their good work and give them tips..Hotel is located about 20 minutes walk to the city center and is a safe area for tourists Colombians are very warm people.I really enjoyed my 1 week staying in Decameron Cartagena.

Room Tip: Get the room from 12 floor or higher
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Rudasek01
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I recently returned from a weeks stay at the Decameron Cartegen and had a fantastic time. The staff the hotel and the food exceeded my expectations everything from the check in to the check out was great. WHile the staff have limited English I never experienced any difficulty they work hard at understanding what you are asking for or need.
The food at the breakfast bars, lunch bars and Ala cartes were great not a single complaint. The staff work hard at keeping everything clean, waiting on the guests and trying to engage the guests in activities at the pool and the beach.
The sun shades and loungers located at the beach are included in your stay as well as the hotel has a bar on the beach. The rooms are standard for two people however, the room for three and four are fabulous.

Excellent services, very attentive and just a great place to spend a week. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony, and if possible floors 3, 4, 5 ( this way you can use the stairs instead of the elevator)
3  Thank sandsun11
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were inmediately greeted by one of the guest service agents. Hotel is only a 15 minute ride from the airport and shuttle service was included with our reservation. Upon arrival, the guest service agent took us into a meeting room and provided us with an overview of the hotel facilities and the area. She was very pleasant and welcoming. Check in was quick and efficient. Although the room wasn't ready (because we arrived at 11:00am), we were provided with our bracelets and were able to have a nice lunch. I most say that the hotel is a bit tired and in desperate need of a renovation, however, every single staff member was superb. The good thing about the rooms is that all have ocean view. One night I needed a ironer and when the housekeeper brought it up, she offered to iron for me -- of course, I declined the offer but thougth it was a nice touch. Every single staff member goes out of their way to make you feel at home. I thought the food was excellent and the staff in every single restaurant was just awesome. They really know what service is all about -- I hardly saw anyone tipping them which was too bad. If you are a seafood lover, you must go to the Seafood Restaurant. It was my favorite out of the 4 offered by the hotel. The restaurant option in the old city was not a big deal. The area where the hotel is located is extremely safe - there are no issues walking around, even wearing jewelry. The old city is spectacular. Went there every night to have cocktails and walk around. There are nice boutiques and great restaurants. Old City is very safe and it is a cheap cab ride from the hotel. My least favorite part was the beach because the hotel does not have a private one. You have to deal with the vendors trying to sell you stuff all day long. The massage ladies were extremely annoying. If you want an entire day of relaxation and beatiful beach, buy a day tour to the Decameron Baru - it is worth it. I would definitely go back to Cartagena.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocen view
Reviewed 26 January 2013

There are no English speaking staff at all, so brush up on your Spanish. Food is good, all ala carte. The beach charges for lounge chairs. No mini fridge or coffee machines in rooms...no door peep hole either. Other than that, Colombian people are awesome and staff were fantastic.

4  Thank 993Candiecane