“Excellent hotel”

San Pedro Hotel Spa
Ranked #3 of 155 Hotels in Cartagena
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a trip to Cartagena and we really enjoyed our stay in San Pedro! Rooms are spotless clean and beautiful, staff is very friendly do their best to make you enjoy your holiday. Rooftop jacuzzi and sunbeds are a big plus and location is very convinient. Only good things to say about this hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Recife, PE
Reviewed 8 March 2014

amazing experience ! everything was taken care very carefully. the room was extremely clean and confortable. Staff was so helpful, never hesitated on solving our city concerns and was always ready to call us a cab or making reservations at some of the most delicious cartagena's restaurants.
Ah, location is great as well, walking distance from everywhere inside the city walls.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nantes, France
Reviewed 23 February 2014

this place is very beautiful, located in the historic centre, with rooftop jacuzzi, excellent decoration, friendly and helpful personnel, really a must for lovers of everything in life
rené and corinne

Room Tip: rooms not on the roadside are less noise, though isolation is good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a very unique hotel that offers amazing décor for a bridal event. We stayed here for wedding that was at the hotel. Although the space is small for a wedding, every corner was utilized and shined with detail. The hotel staff are 5-star without a doubt. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. The staff are bilingual which I actually found as a rarity in other hotels that I stayed at in Cartagena. This place is worth staying even if only for one night (although you may regret only staying one night!). I highly recommend this hotel and am excited to return.

Room Tip: If you are a late riser, I would suggest staying in a room at the building's interior. I had a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I work for Marriott International in the US - I have high standards when I travel, so the fact that this hotel BLEW my expectations away is really impressive. I was hesitant to stay anywhere else other than a Marriott hotel. The staff here is SO accommodating that I really felt spoiled and taken care of. I couldnt even move my own chair in the lobby, as one of the staff were right there to assist. Rooms were spotless and made you feel at home. A/C worked wonderful (Which is a huge bonus in hot weather) the Wifi was easy to access, breakfast was delicious (Especially the banana cake!!), the water pressure in the showers, I can go on and on. Thank you so much to the staff and I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone considering a clean, safe enviroment, where they are looking to relax and unwind and be taken care of! I know I look forward to my next stay at the San Pedro Hotel Spa!! THANK YOU!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a rather unique hotel in Cartagena's Walled Downtown. Don't be fooled by the peripheral location: it's still very well located within the Corralito de Piedra; gorgeous premises and the kindest staff. I stayed in the "presidential" room (with a private, semi-outdoor jacuzzi). The hotel's pool remains open 24/7. Rooms have double doors for extra privacy and a sound sleep. The decoration is very romantic and "Colonial." I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Benavidez
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The hotel is beautiful, well located and nicely decorated. The staff is extremely kind and everyone tried to help us as much as they could. They advised us about a particular citytour; our guide was Mrs. Esther (bilingual English-Spanish); she is extremly recommendable. The breakfast is limited, dull, with no variation; they offer the same every day. It would be nice if they tried to improve breakfasts. We scheduled the welcome massage at the reception and they didn't stick to the agreed time. We waited for about 15/20 minutes and as we had other activities, we couldn't take it. They apologized, but it was not possible to arrange a new date. The worst of all was that as they tried to contact us in order to offer a new date for the welcome massage, instead of waiting for us, they phoned from the hotel to our home. The family at home got very upset and frightened when they received the hotel telephone call; they thought we had had a bad accident or a big problem. At the end, it was a horrible experience. They shouldn't do something like that again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends