All reviewsbasement roomboutique hotelperfect locationarepastwo nightsthe hotel staffjacuzzirooftop
Reviewed 11 November 2016

This is more to congratulate the exellent crew of this quiet boutique hotel in the center of everything. Maria was so kind and awesome with us. Wiston our waiter was great and everyone in that propriety have the most beutifull smile and spirit Thank you. The room we stayed in the ground floor was peaceful and convinient. A\C worked great and you need it in Cartagena. Plenty of food around and their restaurant also serves decent food.. Ideas? make the Loby downstairs air conditioned so it is more welcoming to the people arriving and will bring some more business to this charming city oasis. There is a great terrace upstair to look at the stars. Saudades.

Room Tip: the ones looking at the internal garden. Any floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn't end up staying at this hotel for personal reasons. The manager of the hotel was attentive to our needs, kind and understood the importance of having happy customers. He was very nice with us and did what he could to assist. I was very happy with the service we received and I would be happy to stay at this hotel on my next visit to Cartagena. Thanks Jeison!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I stayed at Hotel Santo Toribio for four days and had a wonderful stay. I was in the room on the first floor across from the pool, and though other reviews are accurate in saying that it can be noisy, I only found it to be a slight annoyance if sleeping in or taking a nap - otherwise the room was perfectly quiet. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great! The bathroom was modern looking and felt very high end.

As someone who can hardly speak any Spanish at all, I was still able to communicate with the majority of the staff and had no problem with check-in, check-out, and ordering breakfast. As an English speaker, if you run into someone who only speaks Spanish, you can ask for someone who speaks English and there seems to always be someone on staff that can translate.

Breakfast was very good and was complimentary. Unlike other hotels, the breakfast was not a continental breakfast, nor was it a buffet. A full meal was served with a fruit plate, coffee, juice, and your selection from a number of different types for breakfasts. Options ranged from traditional Colombian dishes (Arepas de Huevos) to more "american" breakfasts like scrambled eggs and omelettes.

Overall I had a wonderful stay in this beautiful little hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor seem to be the best, but my first floor room wasn't bad at all.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed in this lovely hotel for a week! It was everything we hoped for and more! The location was amazing - right in the center of town. We were able to return to our room several times during the day if we needed to and head back for a dip in the pool. Everything is maintained really well, the grounds are beautiful. Wonderful, small pool in the lobby, plus lovely rooftop w/an area to relax and hot tub. Everyone who works here is SO helpful and friendly! I had written down names of those specifically, but now can't find the list. They booked excursions for us, served great breakfasts, practiced Spanish w/us :) I couldn't rave about this place enough. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Very friendly reception and staffs. hotel in a quiet but yet very central location near many restaurants. we booked the bicycle and was given to someone else and they quickly got replacement for us. you cant really swim in the pool, only dip. there is a jacuzzi in rooftop. We got the first room next to the reception, the rooms are clean and slightly noisy for us... one of the customer forgot his keys and created a ruckus to get in....
the set up of the room is great but leave no place to hang your wet laundry, i hang my shorts at the roof top and when i came back from dinner it's gone....

Room Tip: don't take room 1 next to the reception
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple