“Best day of the 15 day cruise”

Cartagena Tour Guides
Ranked #14 of 145 Tours in Cartagena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Owner: MARTIN ROSALES Our commitment to customer service is what makes "Cartagena Tour Guides by Martin Rosales" services stand out, we are committed to small group sizes and creating personalized experiences. Quality staff are important for customer service and this is never a problem for us because all guides are amazing in what they do! Come and visit Cartagena with Cartagena Tour Guides By Martin Rosales!
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Just my wife, self, Martin and his driver, thus Martin focused on the wheres and whats of the tour stops. Picked us up right at the dock, hot day and his air conditioned car made my limited walking ability a cinch. As Princess cancelled the Nicaragua port, and the flu bug on board caught me just prior to Cabo port, these factors soured remainder of cruise. Martin added a couple of extra stops that cruise ship did not offer at our request. Suggest this private tour over any that cruise ship offered. Cruise stop here March 4, 2017.

1  Thank whatsnewski
Martin R, Owner at Cartagena Tour Guides, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Hello whatsnewski,

My commitment with every visitor is to make them happy, a private tour is made to satisfied all your needs as a costumers and there is nothing more satisfying that reading all these nice comments from you.

Thank you so much for everything.

Bests regards,

"small group"
"rosario islands"
"street vendors"

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We used Cartagena Tour Guides for only who of us, it was amazing, great and so interesting. The best guide ever is MARTIN!!!!! He explains you everything and made the tour so personal. Thanks so much, to know in just couple of hours so much about Cartagena and the history about this beautiful city!!

1  Thank andi565

Hi andi565

Thank you so much for your feedback, i am glad you enjoyed doing this activity with me.

Hope to see you again soon.

Bests,

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Our guide, Martin, spoke english very well and gave us an excellent private tour of Cartagena for our family. I would certainly book with them again and I had CTG arrange for a van for us after the tour. Again, they were competent, prompt and communicative.

1  Thank Tal T

Hello Tal T,

Thank you so much for your great review, it is always gratifying to know that all visitors enjoyed beautiful city!

I had a great time doing this activity with you, i hope i can see you guys again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We used Cartagena Tour Guides to book two different tours on two different days.

For the Volcano Tour, I can not recommend Cartagena Tour Guides enough. Martin is WONDERFUL. Truly knowledgeable about Colombia, super enthusiastic (even though I'm sure he's done this countless times). and makes sure you'er all set. For an idea of what the volcano expierence is, I'd recommend checking out that trip advisor page, however know you are in good hands with Martin. He took care of making sure all the people involved were tipped (bring extra money for this) and the mud bath itself is SO cool. Don't go to Cartagena without doing this. Please note, it's about a 40 minute drive. Being able to pick Martin's brain about Colombia during that time was awesome though.

The Rosario Islands tour was totally different. It's done through another tour company and it's a larger group. It's not really a tour---- they basically pick you up from your hotel, you get on a boat with a larger group (about 30 people) head to a closed off area of the island where there is a small beach, pier, pool, and lawn chairs. There's a boat and they serve lunch. It was a great afternoon, but 100% not what we thought. You can't explore the island, you aren't able to leave those grounds. It was a relaxing afternoon. There's also activities you can pay to do once you get there. The tour company was great. Took care of everything and had an english speaker there to help us out. it was VERY safe and we felt it was money well spent.

1  Thank slinger6

Hello slinger6,

I am glad you like Cartagena and enjoyed my services, i am pleased with how things went the whole time.

Hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 March 2017

My husband and I took a private tour with Martin. It was great having a set price for the tour, with all the entrance fees included. We saw everything we wanted to see and I was able to get great pictures of the graffiti, fort and monastery. I could have done without going to the emerald store as it was way over priced and I didnt see the quality there. It was great to go by some of the local sales folks out in front of the stores and on the side streets. We bought quite a few items. The women outside the fort who want you to take pictures with them will demand money. Some want $5 and others $10 each, so if you think you are getting a picture just because, think again. We are use to this (although they usually dont demand a certain price), but one young couple were having some real issues with some really pushy women. Just beware and if nothing else ask before taking the pictures.
Martin will take care of you and keep you safe.
My only complaint for the tour was the driver took to long to pick up up at the end and take us back to the ship. We were hot, tired and ready to get back on board and it was over 30 minutes from the time Martin started calling to when we were picked up.

1  Thank Rebel T

Hi Gladys F,

Amazing review! I am thrilled you had a wonderful time during this activity, my job is to make people happy and make them feel at home, it was great working with you.

Bests,