Sad to read Tom's review. What a terrible experience. We enjoyed our time here. As there are only 3 rooms, it often feels like your own private casa. We spent relaxing afternoons on the roof terrace, in the pool and sitting in the shade. Perfect between morning and evening sightseeing and exploring. Our main problem was our poor Spanish as no English is spoken. However, Maria and Isolina tried hard to understand us and with good humour and mime we managed. The rooms are comfortable, the 2 front ones have a small balcony over looking the street. We weren't bothered by the noise from the square as there are thick shutters you can close at night. We did have a problem when I booked for another 3 nights, but accidently booked February instead of January. (No one to blame but me, how maddening!). By the time Maria pointed out my mistake, they were full for one of the nights. Both the hotel and booking .com were very helpful in sorting it out and we moved for one night to the hotel in the centre I guess Tom is talking about. Ok, but not so nice, I agree, so we were happy to move back for the last night.
So, to summarise - a lovely hotel, great position near the square. A good base for a Cartagena stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena