1,316 results
All reviewsdirect access to the beachsuperior ocean view roomold citywalled citypool areastrong windsan upper floorgreat ratethe hotel websitenice hotelgreat poolcheap cab rideboca grandepoolside servicebreakfast buffetlarge balconyfront desk staff
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I was very impressed with the staff, both at reception, at the entrance to the beach and the very helpful staff at the front door. If you're looking a hotel right on the beach, look no further. Also the room that I had was facing the beach and the actual room itself is very, very large and the bathroom is of ample size. The furniture is a bit outdated. Also, I was on the 13th floor and the lives only stop at even floors, hence, I would have to walk down a flight to get to my room. That is not a problem, although it might be for sn elderly individual.

Because of the heat and humidity, one must leave on the air conditioning all day for otherwise, as we found out, the floor becomes damp and can be dangerous because one can slip!

Of the four hotels that I stayed in while in Columbia, the breakfast at this hotel was certainly below average in terms of choice and quality. I would also suggest that this hotel predominately caters for the Colombian market as it was the only one of the four hotels that provided predominately Colombian dishes for breakfast. I'm not criticising that at all but instead just making that observation.
A very nice clutch is that at 7 PM until 10 PM, most evenings, there is a gentleman singing wonderful Spanish/Latin songs...a pleasure to listen to.

The very close proximity to the beach explains why the cost of this hotel is comparable to the more luxurious hotels which are not so close to the beach.

Finally, the swimming pool area is quite nice with these chairs surrounding it and the Jacuzzi, although welcomed, was not hot at all!

Room Tip: Ocean view is great
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Mr. PeteArgentina,

In advance please receive our thanks for having shared your experience in facilities, for us it´s of great importance to receive such comments from our guest, due to the fact that it allows us to better from day to day in our operations.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Nice pool. Good service poolside. Staff generally helpful. A little tired but overall good and good value for money.

That is enough, why do have to keep typing to just fill up space? It is off-putting to leaving further reviews.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your important comments, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the service that our work team was able to offer and that you felt the warmth that we place in each and every of our tasks, thank you for the recognition, your comments have been shared with the work team.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

From my side is nothing bad to say about !!! Cartagena is breathtaking place for me as European!!! Totally different world I just love this exotic place, where I was feeling so so good + the hotel stuff is amazing everybody so smiley everyday just warm me up from inside;) thank to all of you I met here for making my few days so special!!! Sebastian

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank esiderok
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Mr. Esiderok,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you received during your stay the attention and affection you deserve. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit to Dann Cartagena. My first experience was great. This time I must say that my son complained of the wifi signal and our room wasn't always clean when we came back after hours at the pool or beach. On one occasion we asked twice for the room to be cleaned and to get clean towels and more toilet paper. Staff was not as great as our last visit. May not consider this hotel on my next visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Mrs. Jacqueline,

We thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding your experience at our hotel.
We offer you our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you informed us. We thank you for having communicated with us your experience and we would like to manifest our most profound worried for what you mentioned, we would like for you to please allow to know more detailed about the incident and ask for you to kindly elaborate such information.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Great hotel!
Really good breakfast!
And the wifi works well!
Airco is powerful!
Rooms are big and tidy!
Pool area is very nice and relatively big!
We had a room with a sea view!
Amazing hotel.
Would book again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJSJD
IvethBuendia_2017, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Dann Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Guest,
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for the positive review posted regarding your recent stay with us. The level of detail denotes an excellent impression with emphasis to our rooms and pool.