other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Ruth13131...
Cary, North Carolina
“STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Not only have I rented vacation apartments in Rome, Paris, Berlin, Milan, Madrid, Athens, Mykonos and Bogota but I myself rent out a vacation apartment in New York City, so I know the work and the expectations involved when you pay over $2000.00 for a two bedroom apartment in a touristy city.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this dump. I don’t know if they had an animal but not only are there yellow stains in the bottom of the curtains but also there are yellow stains on pillows and the bed linens. The couches and chairs are also stained and filthy. The bathroom is disgusting and had mold all over, there were blood stains in some of the dirty walls and on the ironing board, the kitchen was dirty, there were bugs and cockroaches all over, the refrigerator had indentations from someone punching it, the doorknob was broken in what appears was due to someone kicking in the door. The placemats in the eating area are filthy, internet is incredibly slow to non fuctioning. The “ocean views” consists of a small window in one of the bedrooms and before you see any ocean your eyes have to first see the garbage strewn neighbor’s lot. We advised Claudia Villa, the owner, of our late arrival and were willing to pay the fee. When we arrived the man who opened the door was rude and wanted more money because he “is not used to getting up at that time to open the door”. The apartment is supposed to be on the second floor but you do have to climb three flights of stairs to get to it. I called Tripadvisor as soon as I walked in the door to that filthy apartment and was told we should stay until the sun came out “due to safety reasons” we left before 6:00 AM, not even three hours after we arrived, for a hotel nearby. When I called Claudia Villa to complain she had the gall to tell me, using profanities that I should have stayed at the Hilton for the level of cleanliness and service I wanted. We spent less three hours in this place and paid close to $1400.00 for it because the owner Claudia and Tripadvisor refused to refund us the money. We were refunded less than 50% of what we paid and we had to fight tooth and nail and get assistance from the police department, The Cartagena Department of Tourism and the Cartagena Commerce Department to get less than 50% of our money back. When I called Tripadvisor at a later date I found out I would have gotten all my money back had we not stayed…I was so angry because we stayed due Tripadvisor’s advice. They were absolutely no help. We ended up staying in Boca Grande close to everything and on the beach. We were on the 42nd floor and had amazing floor to ceiling ocean views on three sides of the apartment. We paid less than we had paid Claudia Villa for the same amount of time. The building we stayed at had a couple of pools, sauna, Jacuzzi, doorman and twenty four hour security and was in a much better area. I know buildings in El Laguito as much older than those in Boca Grande but age does not excuse the level of dirt in that apartment. It’s a shame this woman is ripping people off and giving Colombia a bad name. I wouldn’t have paid $300 to stay in that dump for a whole month. Please contact me if you are interested in seeing more photos. This site only allow ten pictures and I have many more.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Not getting an infection from the flith in this apartment.
Liked least: The owner and her attitude
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travellers are raving about these Cartagena hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing