All reviewsminute walksmall poolevery morninghotel is locatedwalled cityold cityneighborhoodshower
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in a Nice and hip bohemian district. We liked this area better than the areas inside the old City walls. Clean rooms and Nice staff. But- We couldnt get to the terrace because it was being renovated (they didnt Tell us before booking) and We had no Water the last morning and couldnt take a shower or wash our hands.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
diazuc, Receptivo y Reservas at Hotel Casa Tere, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Camila

Apologize for any issue than you have got it in our hotel during your time in Cartagena.

We had somes issue with the work in the terrace but we hope next time you will be again with us and let you know how magnific it will be in the future.

About the water service, we knew than it was a akward situation buut we hope next time we will give you a better service and we hope all the good things you lived in our hotel remaind and let you come back and stay with us again.

Best regards,

YACQUELIN ENRIQUEZ
Reservation stuff

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Ok so me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel as part of our Colombian-Brasil trip in March 2017. Overall is a great option if you are on a budget because is very cheap (or so I thought) first location is great is NOT inside the walled city but is literally 5 min away from it and you can safely walk to and from it. Breakfast is included and is good your classic Colombian food: eggs, arepa, toasts, fruit and juice. I mean is decent. Room is like you see in the pic small but clean, there is no hairdryer so that is a minus (bring your own) and bed is VERY VERY HARD which would be my only feedback, to maybe get a better mattress but it has a safe, bathroom is clean and shampoo, conditioner body lotion is available. There is WIFI too. They have information about tours you can do and staff there is very nice and willing to help. If you have extra money only traveling to Cartagena and want to spend a little bit more I am sure there are other options inside walled city (which would be for me the best location to stay in Cartagena and not so much Boca Grande)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vero_ad
Reviewed 23 January 2017

This Hotel is a Beautiful Colonial building and is super well located, nothing to say about it. The bed are hard like rock and the cheap quality of blankets, towels and soap and several cheap decoration items are far from what you expect from a boutique.
The water pressure is horrible and the bathrooms are cheap looking (I experience 1 day without water). My security box code didn't work and in order to have a key for it I had to pay a security for 20K pesos. Breakfast was very poor (every day eggs overcook with toast or arepa, small fruit plate with a cheap coffee served in a cheap jar). The staff was very nice but zero knowledge, they really need an Experience Hotel boutique manager to give some directions as this place that is just an expensive Hostel.

Room Tip: any room is good if you don't look for comfort
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Gian R
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

The only good thing is the location. On the bad side, it's insecure during the night, the pool was unusable due to an accident on the side building, poor service. Overall it's not worth the price. Seems more like an hostel than a boutique hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gloriacano
diazuc, Director de Recepción at Hotel Casa Tere, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for your comment, because it helps us to improve our shortcomings. We work every day to improve our service, because we want the total satisfaction of our guests.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I have traveled all over the world and unfortunately at Hotel Casa Tere there were the world's hardest beds. I was so uncomfortable. My friend and I booked two nights and did not sleep the first night because the beds were so hard. We tried to cancel the second night and they wouldn't let us without charging so we stayed. Everyone was so nice, but the beds were terrible. And the breakfast was plain and not that good. I recommend stay elsewhere unless you have a thing for hard beds.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janie O
diazuc, Gerente at Hotel Casa Tere, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

GOOD MORNING
warm greetings
I commented that the beds are not hard as they say in the comment but will try to improve and I thank you for your comments

Cordialmente,