“Very good”

Hotel Casa Victoria
Ranked #51 of 111 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here with my husband, we find it very good, it's in el Poblado, close to everything we want it to visit, you can get a taxi cab at any time, our room had a beautiful view of the city, breakfast was very good, people were really friendly! Totally recommended

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The staff was outstanding, they did everything they could to accomodate to our demands, we were traveling in a fairly large party (7 pax) and everyone in our party was comfortable, we were lucky to get a room with a panoramic view of Medellin, even being in the third floor, our room was neat and clean, rooms are big, the only drawback with our room was the mattress which I felt was a bit too sturdy for my taste and by hotel standards, but it was a minor setback, Wifi reception was great, didn´t found any spots were it wouldn´t reach (be aware that every floor has its own wifi hotspot and you need to sign in to it, though) the hotel´s location, while near to El Poblado, is a bit difficult if you want to walk through the El Poblado area, since the hotel is in the slope (and it´s quite the slope!) you will need to move around using taxi cabs even if you want to go to El Tesoro mall which is just a couple blocks away, since the slope is too steep to walk up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the city it´s truly awesome, also every floor has a wifi hotspot, be s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Mediocre service from the front desk staff, poor breakfast options, the room and mostly the bed stinks to grape parfum which resembles me like being on a brothel or something exotic like this. The noise from traffic starting at 6:30 AM is unbearable, like if you were sleeping next to the street with no windows or doors in between. I do not recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have read all the reviews and agree with some, First the staff is excellent they will do anything you need or want, rooms are very good with excellent view, the rooms are the street side have the excellent view but around 7 to 730am traffic builds are there is considerable street noise
WI FI was horrible, I complained to desk twice and they said it is only a problem with apple products, I tried to use a Google phone and had same problems. I needed the internet for business and was forced to go other places and use it.

At the time of my visit my room was prepaid with a credit card I had some incidentals that were not a problem upon check out I want them put on a credit card but they were unable to do it because for some reason they were unable to use there credit card processing company so I was forced to pay over 500 thousand cop (cash) to cover expenses that was a surprise and I did not expect it and luckily had the money to cover it
This was my second time at this hotel and don't think I will return,
If you don't speak Spanish stay away from this place, no staff members speak English

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We just spent 2 nights at the Casa Victoria, one of 3 hotels we stayed at while in Colombia. The hotel itself is located slightly off the beaten path in Poblado and is a very comfortable mid-tier business hotel with beautiful views across the valley. What makes it outstanding is the staff who could not have been more helpful with arranging transport and making suggestions for places to eat and things to see. I will definitely recommend the Casa Victoria.

Room Tip: Higher is better. We were on the 6th floor and that was good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I have now stayed at Casa Victoria three times. All were one night trips to the city on the weekend. We like this hotel a lot. The quality of this hotel matches mid-level hotels in the USA or Europe - similar to a Hilton or Hyatt.

The rooms are clean, modern, and large. There is a king-sized double bed. Each room has a fairly large balcony with a small table and chairs. The bath has a huge shower with plenty of hot water. There is also a mini-bar stocked with booze, beer, wine and snacks. Finally, each room we have stayed in had a large jacuzzi-style bath tub (though I don't know if all rooms have them - you should ask).

There is free wifi, and the speed is pretty good. I think it would be just fine as a business destination if the location suits your needs.

The staff has always been very welcoming and friendly.

The hotel does have a restaurant on the ground floor that looks very nice, but we have never tried it, so I cannot say more than that. The free breakfast is served in the dining room on the top floor. The food is good - it's they typical hotel breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order. The atmosphere is nice and the view from the dining room is great.

If you want to be very near a lot of interesting things to do, this is NOT the place. It is in a nice quiet section of Poblado. As far as I know, the only big thing nearby (and not really walking distance) is the Centro Commercial El Tesoro, which is an upscale mall. However, a cab ride to the zona rosa or Parque Lleras is very inexpensive (less than $6 US), and cabs are easy to find in both directions.

There is a small centro commercial across the street with a couple of restaurants and a place to buy wine and liquor. The sushi restaurant there is quite good, and they will deliver to your room. (www.sushitogomedellin.com.co).

My wife and I plan to return on a regular basis.

One very small warning: Their normal procedure is to take an imprint of your credit card on arrival instead of running it through the system. The only complaint I had about that is that they wrote the 3-digit security code on the imprint. If anybody found that, they would have all the information they need to use the card. However, when I said I had a problem with this, they took care of it by running the card through the system instead, just like you would do at a typical US hotel, so it ended up not being an issue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We just got back from a 12 days trip and stayed at the hotel. The place was nicely located and close to everything. Even restaurants to walk to as well. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Great views of the city from the hotel and the spa service was nice and very exclusive. The hotel has a Restaurant which is very good also. The breakfast at the 9th floor was fine for what it was intended a quick fueling in the morning before heading out.
The staff was very friendly and willing to help at all times. Definitely a place to come back to next time in Medellin

Room Tip: just mention that you need a room in the higher levels, that will give you a good view no matter wh...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family