“Completely unreliable - I would never book this hotel or this chain again.”

Hotel Casa Laureles
Ranked #23 of 131 Medellin B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Completely unreliable - I would never book this hotel or this chain again.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was booked into this hotel by a local university 6 weeks before my arrival. When we got there, they had lost the reservation and had no room. We insisted, my hosts produced the hotel's confirmation e-mail and I got a room, but was asked to move to a different room after the first night. Two nights later they asked me to move again, and I was not pleased, but I was furious when I saw the room they offered me - a bedroom off their top-floor office, no table or desk to work at, no safe. I flat out refused, and after much arguing they gave me back the room I had just vacated.

Worst of all was their attitude, which was that it was my problem, not theirs. If it wasn't for the hassle and the delays that would result, and the tight schedule I was on, I would have moved hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank greendoc

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Visited Medellin and stayed at this nice hotel for a week. Small, cozy, in a very friendly neighborhood, Laureles, and within walking distance from mall, shops and metro. Free breakfast that was delicious and staff very nice and friendly. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
Onsala, Sweden
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I spent 2 night here and we was the first Swedish people to stay there.
A very nice little hotel, praiseworth, friendly staff, big room, good breakfast and all this not fare from centrum. We had never been in Medellin before and was therefore interested to see as much as possible The employees was very helpful and kind so we realy like to recommend this hotel.and Thank you so much Andres Felipe Osorio and your hole crew

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Extremely noisy hotel at the junction of 5 roads, so if you are looking for quiet, this is not for you! The room was not clean, the air conditioner had not been cleaned in years and consequently the nice wood panelled ceiling was caked in a thick coating of grey dust! The housekeeping varied day to day, sometimes good, sometimes bad. No tables or chairs in the room and no chairs on the balcony. The included breakfast was meager, the same food for the eight days that we stayed there, no variation at all! The only good thing was the extremely friendly and helpful staff...but don't try to speak with the manager as he is not interested in the hotels guests and wouldn't even reply to a good morning greeting! Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank VancouverWomble

Travellers are raving about these Medellin hotels