“Great Value In Poblado” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 103 Hotels in Medellin
Phoenix
“Great Value In Poblado”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Florencia Plaza for nine nights the end of August and highly recommend.

Anders (I hope I have the spelling right) is the manager and fluent in English. He and all of his staff were most professional, gracious and very helpful. Not all of the staff is English speaking, but with knowing just a little Spanish or English it is very easy to communicate.

I was able to make my reservations on-line and follow-up correspondence by email was very prompt, and the Hotel was able to arrange a driver for an airport pickup at a very reasonable rate.

The Hotel is in a convenient location just a few blocks from Parque Lleras, off of Calle 10 where there are a wide variety of restaurants and bars, near Parque Poblado and Carrera 43. It is very easy to find a place to walk to for lunch, dinner, coffee or drinks.

Despite being in the middle of everything the Hotel is on a side street and very quiet in the evening.

I think the Hotel is a little under the radar for Americans, which was fine with me. The Hotel is clean and modern, and very well run. There is a small rooftop patio with a great view of Medellin. Breakfast was Colombian-style, the wi-fi worked flawlessly, and a big bonus is that you are not gouged when using the minibar.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room facing west for a view Medellin or east for a view of Poblado.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JSRPhx
Sergio L, Director Comercial at Hotel Florencia Plaza, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Yours sincerely Florence Hotel Plaza, I'm the new commercial director of hotel and I am glad that your experience with us was successful, we hope to have you in our hotel. Florence Hotel Plaza, a friend in Medellin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

Recently stayed at the Florencia plaza and had a great stay. Everybody from the front desk agent to the bellman to the housekeeper had a genuine intention to better your stay. The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable, Also getting complimentary breakfast to your room was an awesome surprise.
If your in Medellin and prefer a smaller, more personalized 4-star. hotel, this is your choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

Just recently stayed at the Hotel Florencia Plaza in Medellin with children ages 5 and 8 and really enjoyed the hotel. It was recommended by Executive Rentacar (another company I highly recommend) in Medellin…I had not seen it on tripadvisor so I was leary, but pleasantly surprised. On the beginning of my trip I stayed in the Sheraton 4 points and I was disappointed…I will say that the Sheraton was OK, but blah…decent price, but mysterious charges on the bill the next morning that they wrote off with no explanation of what they were for…I thought I could do better for a hotel when I returned to Medellin.
The rate I paid for what I received was amazing (about $70usd). The hotel is located across the street from Parque Lleras “zona rosa” and was a safe walk at night for me and my wife. They have PCs in the lobby and allow free internet access. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was included and enjoyable. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The only knock I had was that the walls were a bit thin, but I was not awakened. I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip through Medellin and I already have family returning to the hotel. If you decide to stay here be sure to take the address…it is very small and most taxis are unfamiliar with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family