“Great location”

Hotel Florencia Plaza
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked this not knowing the layout of medellin, and were really pleased to realise we were right in the middle of a great area, full of restaurants, people enjoying their Saturday night and loads of music and clubs. It's a great hotel, good value and clean, with a good breakfast. Near the south terminal for busses.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank caroline2371
There are newer reviews for Hotel Florencia Plaza

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Located in the El Poblado district of Medellin this small hotel is a 5 minute walk from a large selection of bars, restaurants and shops. The twin room was very clean, and quite spacious for the size of the hotel. Both twin beds were 3/4 sized, so you weren't cramped in a single bed. The shower was good and there was an unexpected dressing area to store suitcases in. The only issue we had on our 1 night stay was the noise. The room was at the front of the hotel with a balcony, however the French windows were not double glazed and when the club a couple of doors down started playing music you almost felt like it was in your room!
I would recommend Hotel Florencia for a short stay in Medellin, with its helpful staff and nicely sized and decorated rooms- but would ask for a room at the back!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank RoamingEva
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel is well located, near Park Lleras but without the noise. Many good restaurants nearby, as well as a super mercado. Rooms are small, take a double if possible or larger. Restaurant is small as well, with limited selection. Black tea is served for breakfast, which is rare in Colombia.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank inkspot01
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there for two nights and we were happy with what we got. You need to compare it with other places in the country to get a feel for the value for money.
I immediately liked the contemporary design and attention to detail. However, our room was tiny. We had a lot of luggage and could barely move.
The noise level near the Zona Rosa was ok, once we closed the window to rely on AC.
However, never have them do your laundry. We almost fainted when we got our laundry bill of $130 for not two small bags of clothes.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jurgs V
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I booked this hotel for two nights. The attention is really good because everyone is so helpful and gentle. But the first night, my air conditioning didn't work and I spent a night like hell as it wasn't impossible to change the room. Next morning we were changed to a bigger room and the problem was solved. Breakfasts are ok and so is the location. I don't know if I would book this hotel again because for the same price or less, there are hotels in the surroundings that I've found more comfortable and complete. I give it 4 stars because they were very gentle but I would not book it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a visit for a wedding. The staff was friendly and helpful although they spoke very little English. Breakfast was good - fruit, eggs and toast. The only problems we had were that we were put in a room on the ground floor right next to the front door, reception area and breakfast area. It was impossible to sleep late, and we were often woken up as folks came into the building. Additionally, that part of El Poblado can be sometimes loud late into the night. But that is the case and any nearby hotel. If you can somehow make sure you don't receive the room on the ground floor, you should be happy for the price.

Room Tip: Don't get the room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My room couldn't have been smaller. Walking from the door to the tiny rather useless closet was difficult, as the space was so small. The bathtub was not to be believed. The size was perfect for a 4 year old and it really seemed scary getting in and out. The breakfast was dismal. The same boring eggs, white bread toast daily in a windowless room with florescent lights; real luxury'
One guy at the front desk spoke a little English, the others didn't. The area was perfect for shopping if you're shopping for a motorcycle or a mattress. I expected El Poblado to be a lot nicer than it was and not a hilly.
I was told at check in that I would be charged US$2.50 per day for what I believe was insurance. Why? Perhaps the survival rate for guests in the room that I had isn't too good. I've never experienced this type of rip off anywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo