“A few things that need improvement”

GHL Style Hotel San Diego
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Medellin
A TripAdvisor Member
“A few things that need improvement”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Liked:
-Location was convenient for my needs.
-This is one hotel that if I put the sign "do not disturb" they don't. While on holidays I usually sleep all day long, and there is nothing that irritates more (and happens often) than putting the sign and having someone knocking on my door, OR, ringing the phone to see if I still don't want to get disturbed or room cleaned. GHL allowed me to rest, so thumbs up. Room was pretty spacious. AC fine. WiFi worked out fine, and no connection issues.

Major flaw:
- The check in was TERRIBLE. After hours of traveling, unless the receptionist is cute, you don't really want to spend a lot of time in the front desk, well, they were slow, I waited, my turned arrived and receptionist was charging me again TWICE, I explained I paid on full, she didn't believe, that's fine, she went to check, she returns and says she has no record of my payment, so I took out my iPad, searched and showed the receipt in the tablet, she is looking it on screen and says: " I need a print", I guess she was expecting for me to carry a printer too, but was not the case, she insists, then she commands me to email myself, use the lobby computer, and make a print. I said ok, went out of line, went to that computer, and tried to print (thinking: nice welcome cocktail!), I finally print, go back to the front desk, "its in your printer", keeps servicing other guy (keep waiting), she finally makes me a favor paying attention, and says let me check, she goes to the printer and says, sorry it is not legible, make another one, I go back, and repeated the process, but this time the screen froze when sending to print. I explained its not working, (keep waiting), till I needed to find a solution for her, I said, why don't you take my iPad, take a picture of the screen, copy or whatever? (she's thinking), uhm Ok, I'll give your key in a minute, and instead of finishing my check in, she keeps servicing the line! one of the bellboys noticed my face, and with more common sense -intelligence, he approaches her and whispers: pls. complete Mr. F's check in. She was really pushing my buttons, I remained calmed though, but went up to my room upset with a bad impression and sour taste.

Chance for improvement:
An iron in the room pls. I was in a rush and my shirt was wrinkled, wrongly I assumed there was an iron, but no. My mistake that I went out with wrinkled clothes, but would be convenient to have. I wish also they had a smoking floor / section

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ana Maria A, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Guest

Receive a warm greeting in name of all the staff of the Ghl Comfort San Diego Hotel.

We want to thanks for your dedicated time to him to do the survey of satisfaction.

Your evaluation and commentaries are important to improve every day the quality in our services.

Ana María Azicri Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
paris
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Excellent hotel located in a safe district, at a short walking distance from charming food courts, and less than 10 minutes taxi from town center (San Antonio, Jardin Botanico, etc.). Staff is extremely professional and careful to our comfort and safety. Rooms are amazingly large (compared to European standards !), with comfortable beds, panoramic views and nice bathrooms (only the shower pressure is problematic, like in most Colombian hotels, with either boiling or cold water). Breakfast is tasteful and very good. Latest check-out is at 3:00 pm, which is very practical.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ana Maria A, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 24 April 2013

Reviewed 22 November 2011

From the time I got into the hotel, the Front Desk Staff was very nice and the room was quite bigger than expected. The hotel is located right accross from a shopping mall and is quite accessible. They offered breakfast and it was also very nice. I would highly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Great value and service.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank jesusjruiz
Ana Maria A, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 11 April 2013

Napierville,qc,Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I was at GHL for a week and i just love it. All the employees were very nice even if the language was a little problematic we had a lot of fun. The hotel is a little far from downtown in a industrial part of the city but taking a cab is so cheap, that it does matter. I also felt very secure in the city,but of course i stayed at the hotel at night.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ana Maria A, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 26 March 2013

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great value hotel
Nice and clean
Breakfast buffet included
Convenient location in across from Premium plaza mall

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
AnaMariaAG, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 15 April 2013

England
Reviewed 3 November 2010

The hotel was very good - excellent large room with 2 kingsize beds, large bathroom, very clean. The photos on the website dont do it justice; its much more pleasant.. The service in the bar/restaurant was excellent; the breakfast buffet was a little unusual to European tastes (beans and rice, chicken soup) but also scrambled egg, yoghurt, fruits , bread, croissants, ham and cheese. The only drawback is the lack of soundproofing which meant that the noise from neighbouring rooms and the street can be heard.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank croatiabuddy
Ana Maria A, Gerente at GHL Style Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear Guest

We want to thank for your dedicated time to him to do the survey of satisfaction.