The Charlee Hotels
US$176
US$134
US$80
US$71
Hotel Poblado Plaza(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
Hotel Sky Medellin(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$61
Hotel San Pedro del Fuerte(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$37
Gran Hotel(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$44
All reviewsjacuzzi on the balconyrooftop barcool hotelfun hotelgreat gymthree floorsparque llerasawesome hotelloved this hotelrestaurants and barslight sleepermini barnight lifeboutique hotelbreakfast and dinnerstreet noisea lot of noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I really loved this hotel. They upgraded our standard room to a room with a huge jacuzzi/balcony upon check-in which I was pleasantly surprised by.

After settling in I later found out that the balcony door didn't lock correctly. We were on the 6th floor, but I still took issue with this as I am a bit security obsessed particularly in a foreign country and with adjacent balconies easily accessible. Maybe I was paranoid, but I'd rather be paranoid than a victim. They did try to fix this issue but couldn't and did switch our room. however it was to a room with a hibachi grill... Far less exciting than a jacuzzi...

Nonetheless they did switch us back to a room with a jacuzzi/balcony the following day following a private tour we had taken (btw for the private tour ask for Mauricio - he's the best tour guide and so personable and knowledgeable, he really made the experience very personal)... Again, they were very proactive and accommodating and for this I am beyond happy and grateful. It could have really soured our experience if they had handled it very differently particularly since we were only there for 2 nights.

The restaurant in the hotel is solid. they make great drinks and breakfasts were delicious, plentiful and the service was always top notch.

The Rooftop bar/pool is also something to marvel, as is the gym and more so the steady stream of Medellin's finest looking women and men who come daily to maintain their physiques.

The hotel is also located near just about everything you'd want/need to see/do in Medellin. Parque Lleras has lots of cool shops and restaurants and night clubs to choose from. It's also around the corner from Pergamino Cafe - a truly transcendent cafe with indoor/outdoor seating that is head and shoulders better than any Starbucks or Juan Valdez that you'll come across.

Carmen is also a great restaurant with a vietnamese twist and tremendous cocktails just a few streets away which was also 5 star worthy in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatzoConPollo
The Charlee H, Gerente at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Good morning dear MatzoConPollo
Greetings from The Charlee Hotel, mainly thanks for taking the time to write this constructive comment and share with the community of TripAdvisor also for having stayed with us.
it´s such a pleasure to see our efforts reflected in a positive comment as this one, we are pleased to have filled your expectations during your visit and your stay, Your opinion is very important for our team, so do not hesitate that we will share this comments with all the staff to continue projecting our visitors a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel more that 10 times and I have seen lots of the pros and cons. Its located in the Parque Lleras, a central spot on El Poblado that has lots of restaurants and nightlive. The own hotel has 2 places to hangout Lucia (excelent food) and the Envy Rooftop. Rooms are really good and two of them in every floor have nice perks like a jacuzzi or a TeppanYaki, all of them have a nice balcony with an awsome view of the city. It has a two story gym visited by Medellin's prettiest girls. Room´s got their own personality marked with rocks, wood, and glass furniture.

Not everything is perfect: either from the busy bars beside, of from the room next door you will have a lot of noise at night... to get a good night sleep try to get a high floor.

Room Tip: High floors, ask for a perk: jacuzzi or teppanyaki!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fabian G

Mr Fabian G

On behalf of The Charlee Hotel staff, we want to give a very warm and sincere thank you for sharing your travel experience with everyone on TRIP ADVISOR

We would like to apologize for the issue with the noise around your room , is such a shame to hear that we couldn´t make your stay a "lifestyle experience". We invite you to come back to the Hotel and experience for yourself the corrections we´ve made to fix this type of issues.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

What a delightful hotel in the center of night life in town. Staff was very helpful, rooms were superb and funky at the same time. I had a total pebbled washroom floor to ceiling and a sheet glass wall separating shower - don't come in blurry eyed or you might walk straight into it! the wall separating it from the bedroom proper was frosted glass. The balconies were great, I had a love seat two chairs and a coffee table. with great view - but they all have great views. My friends went a bit more upscale and had hot tubs plus couch and chairs plus full BBQ grill on there decks. There are so many restaurants well over 100 in the 3 block radius - this is restaurant and club central - and places to eat that I cannot comment on hotels restaurant. On thing that did surprise me was how pleasant the temperature was. I always figured Hawaii had about the best temperature but this remained day and a night in the 21C - 24C range. The 3 floor Gym is extremely, well equipped and you will see many upper class locals coming and going to use the gym. top floor pool is a must see, but to dam cold to use. this is not a family hotel but great for sols and couples.

Room Tip: currency exchange - turn right out of hotel, turn right first block, sty on your side of street as you turn left. Across the street you will see a black building covered in pink hearts . we got 1900/$ - hotel was only $1600 and airport 1780/$
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Good morning dear bigredTed
Greetings from The Charlee Hotel, mainly thanks for taking the time to write this constructive comment and share it with the community of TripAdvisor.
We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I loved my stay at the Charlee hotel. The design is modern, chic, and slightly hipster. I almost felt like I was in a Brooklyn warehouse apartment or a restaurant in the Meatpacking district of NYC. The staff was very helpful - I order room service and it was not only reasonably priced, but high quality and deliver quickly. I also ate at their restaurant on the first floor. It is open air just over the street and has good Italian food. The rooftop bar is an incredible sight. You can see the whole city of Medellin from this open air bar. If you go during the day, you can swim in the pool (It has glass sides to take pictures or feel like you are in an aquarium). I also worked out at the impressive gym with an equally impressive view of the city. The downside is that it got pretty loud late at night, which made it hard to sleep, and I felt as thought some of the details in the room were not maintained perfectly. Also, the cement floor stays cold all time and the heating/air conditioning didn't seem to react when we changed the temperature.

Room Tip: All rooms have a deck that over looks Parque Lleras.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Good morning dear Jacob_Schwarz
this review proves us that definitely we are working well towards to make our guests and visitors pleasant. Thank you so much for having in mind each detail of our place and reflect your good view is this amazing and possitive review.
We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Charlee is a great choice. It has nothing to envy the W brand and more personalized. The location is perfect, the rooms are top notch and the Gym and the roof-top club (Envy @ Charlee) are all top class. Beautiful people go to the hotel to work out and/or enjoy an exclusive night.
The service was great (as you will almost find everywhere in Medellin). The reviews warn you about the noise, this part is true. Then again you are in the middle of everything and you don't need to go anywhere in a car if you are there... so I was glad to put up with the noise.
Juan Valdez coffee shop literally outside of the hotel and Hooters about half a block from the entrance.
Overall very pleased.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 7th floor and that made the noise (street - Bottom of hotel and club -roof-top) somewhat manageable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Good morning dear Luis P.
Thank you for sharing this point of view with all the community of tripadvisor.
It was a total pleasure for us to have attended your visit and read this commentary fills us with deep satisfaction, we are also full of desire to move forward with our service and our team. It would be a pleasure to have you back in our hotel and retell your agadable visit.