“MY BEST STAY”

and 1 more site!
Arcadia Hostel
Ranked #35 of 265 Speciality Lodging in Medellin
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in this hostel and had one of my best experiences. The hostel is very nice with very comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms always clean and all the services you need including free pancakes and coffee.
My favorite place was the terrace with a very peaceful atmosphere with a natural view and the sofas in the TV room are too comfortable, overall I loved everything, was very beautiful and clean with the best atmosphere, everyone was always willing to help, there is always a plan something to do, events in which you integrate very well with the staff and of course with guests such as salsa classes they do every Friday. Spyros (the owner) always has good ideas and good plans, having fun as ever, not to mention an excellent cook and BBQ on Sundays were the best, since I now consider myself a fan of Greek BBQ.
the tourist information was complete with a very large map and most important tourist sites which are explained in a book in Spanish and English with photos, very good information.
I felt at home, you get everything you want, there are a total balance in this hostel, if you want to relax you can do with all the tranquility and if you want to have a beer and listen to music quietly is also available and if you don’t want to stay in the hostel you can easily go to the “Zona Rosa” and have fun in bars. I met great people and lived great experiences, love Saturdays Karaoke, sing and rest when ever wanted. It was definitely one of the best places I've been able to stay and I’ll definitely come back to this place and I recommend it to everyone, so I hope you can have a great experience as I had.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Friendly staff, elusive owner, generally cool vibe, but the new "dorm" aimed to squeeze in another 12 people in tripple bunks in a GARAGE with no ventilation, light or door let alone space to keep your stuff in, will make the hostel go down hill. Especially at the steep price of 20 000 pesos. Unbelievable experience, made me cut my trip to medellin short.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Arcadia_hostel, Owner at Arcadia Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Hi there is Spyros the owner.
My sincere apologies for your bad experience. Unfortunately we were obliged use this dorm since all the rest were totally booked and the people were coming and all city was totally booked out its like this during the flower festival!So we put the people there even though the dorm was not ready yet, thats why we only charged 20 mil because it was the flower festival.In the same area other hostels will charged for a dorm even 40 mil or 30 and we charged you only 20 that is what they charge in a normal period or even more!
Now we only charge 16 mil, we are the cheapest in Medellin in the best area of the city and with very good service! We additional offer very good location only 5 min walk form the main action, free coffee and pancakes every day, comfy beds and hot showers, we provide you with a towel and you can use internet for FREE in our 2 computers or through WIFI wherever in the hostel!We also have the best tourist information and affiliated tours that will make the experience to see more of the inside of the city and the local culture.For this will help the cool parties and events we organize especially in the weekends like FREE salsa lessons every Friday, special events and parties every Saturday and delicious Greek style BBQs make the people come more together and get to now each other easily in a very multicultural environment where everybody is accepted with no importance where he comes from or in what he believe or age has.
You where here in the busiest period of the year thats why it was so full.Normally its ok, the "elusive owner"??Ha.. are people now staying in my hostel without having a reservation from before just came in the hostel and after looking to all the dorms they select the cheap one and they still staying there for a week and i even asked them how they feel down there and their answer was that is cool or you take what you pay for so they never complained.
Unfortunately when you came we just opened and things were unfinished.This happened because of a mistake the technicians made and the whole project delayed 2 more weeks!You know how it is in latin America... Its been more than a week since we instal good lighting, ventilation and the door of course was there maybe the second day..we are still working and will take a while to finish this room and make it really nice and cosy. Untill then we' ll keep a really cheap price at 16 mile for something basic.
Again i am really sorry for your bad experience if you ever pass by don't hesitate to come back we will offer you a free night in whichever room we will have available :), take care!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff and the atmosphere in this hostel was one of the best we've seen in our 3 month trip through all of South America. Most staff are young cool kids that just partied along with us.

We stayed in the private room next to the kitchen, which was a little noisy sometimes and could do with a little upgrade, but for the price it was fine. Shower was hot and strong!

Location the great thing is that the hostel is very close to the bars and clubs of Poblado - the main party place of Medellin. But, as mentioned below - the trek to the metro is a bit far. To get there is fine as it's all down hill, but getting back is certainly a bit of a mission. However, cabs are cheap and plentiful!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hostel is cool, in a good spot, has friendly staff, awesome breakfast and the cheapest beds you'll find in Medellín. Thank you for offering cheap beds in a safe part of a not so safe not so cheap city!

Room Tip: We stayed in the garage area that has two bunk beds that go up three beds. These are super cheap and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Overall, Arcadia is a great place to stay--close to Parque Lleras with lots of bars and restaurants, fantastic staff--they helped me plan my days and had great suggestions and information, free salsa lessons, free pancakes and coffee for breakfast, etc. Also, when I checked in, the staff gave me a heads up that there would a party on Saturday night--it was great to be "forewarned". (I simply put in my earplugs when I wanted to go to sleep!). The only downside is that it is about 20 minutes walk from the metro. But, despite that, I would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The thing I liked most about this hostel was that you can definitely see that the Greek owner (Spyros) really puts his heart into the place: he and all the staff are friendly, there's really good tourist information in the form of a giant map of the city with all the important landmarks pointed out and there's a weekly BBQ with a Greek theme. The place is kept clean and staff were generally friendly and helpful. I also liked the complimentary breakfast, which consisted of coffee and pancakes (that you can make yourself anytime before noon).

There weren't many things I didn't like, but they were annoying enough to lower my review score. First off, there weren't that many people around, even though Medellin seemed to be full of travelers at the time. This made socializing a bit hard. Despite that, it could still be rather loud at night, because some of the staff liked their music rather loud and the few people there were kept talking until late on the terrace our room faced, with no staff member stopping them. Also the first two mornings we got woken up by somebody playing the guitar on that same terrace before 9:30am, which is rather irritating if other people didn't let you sleep the night before. I also wasn't the biggest fan of the location. While it's close to the Zona Rosa, it's really rather far from the metro, so getting anywhere outside of Poblado is quite the mission. If you are there for sightseeing more than partying, that might be a bit of a problem. And while it didn't bother me, my girlfriend didn't really like the shared bathroom, which was on a kind of roofed terrace, that also houses the washing machine and drying laundry. It felt a bit like an afterthought (there's not even a mirror above the sink), which is a shame considering that the dorm next to our room had a really nice private bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

After spending several noisy nights in other Medellin hostels, Arcadia was a welcome relief. Going to sleep to the sound of a stream in a beautiful wooded area only five minutes from Poblado´s party area was great! The owner Spyros and his staff helped organize several tours for me and told me all about the city. The Saturday night karaoke was extremely fun and the Sunday BBQ was a great way to meet other travelers. The greek sauce was great as well!

I stayed in 3 different rooms for a total of 10 nights and loved all of them. The rooms and the common area were kept spotlessly clean and the warm HIGH pressure shower water was awesome. Internet access worked fine in my rooms with my laptop which made my work much easier. Overall, Arcadia was a great place that felt peaceful yet was only minutes from the nightlife. Hanging out with the guests on the covered, large outdoor patio was quite memorable as well. And the hostel bar drinks were great prices, much better than anywhere else around town. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo