“Cosy little Hotel in El Poblado - good view from the room”
Review of In House

In House
Ranked #21 of 111 Hotels in Medellin
Reviewed 27 August 2014

my booking was well prepared - after a very friendly welcome it took me about 3 minutes to get to my room (exactly as i wanted it in my booking).
the friendly lady of the reception showed walked me up into the 5th floor and explained everything to me.
rooms are spacious enough for 2 persons - a large double bed with a very comfortable mattress - i really slept well.
large windows running from wall to wall and till the bottom - half side can be opened by a sliding door. two sun protections - one with view another completely preventing sun from heating up the room are available as well as a 0 noise A/C.

a small writing desk and fridge

the modern bathroom comes with a large shower - no bathtub (toilet is inside the bathroom).

on the top floor there is a nice terrace to have a beer and sit outside while enjoying the view over parts of the city.

my room had a very nice view over the upper part of Medelling too.

noise level is low as long as the window is closed, if you like fresh air expect a little noise from the traffic and the restaurants in the zone near by - but it isn´t too load either!

the hotel is located in the middle of restaurants and dance bars.

breakfast is somehow very basic - eggs to your liking and 1 fruit juice as well as small joyce of cereals and 1 fruit joyce. could be improved for my liking but we have to also consider, that the hotel is very small and has no restaurant.

WIFI works very fine and is free of charge.

the hotel is spotlessly clean.
mini bar prices reasonable.

in all a very positive experience and a very recommendable hotel - good price for value.

i chose the hotel bcs it is in the area of restaurants and bars as well as very close to city airport (not international airport!)

Room Tip: 5th floor has nice views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank sauraumpfa

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for just one evening. In House was perfect for that. It is in a great location with lots of shops, restaurants, and shady trees. Although the bedrooms are small, we had a full wall of window that had a great view of the mountains and city, which we loved. The roof-top deck is a great space to watch the sunset and enjoy a drink. The manager was also very helpful - she gave us a great restaurant recommendation. There are no elevators, and we were staying on the top floor, which wasn't a problem for us, but could be an issue for others. The front desk arranged a driver for us to the airport, which was on time. Breakfast looked good, but we weren't hungry at the time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jill k
Reviewed 15 August 2014

In House is a small hotel with a few rooms. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating. The front door was always locked and you had to be buzzed in. As women travelling alone I really liked that and felt very safe. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The pillows and mattresses were very comfortable. We had a room with two double beds and it was certainly large enough for two people. The bathroom was huge. I agree about a previous review about the towels. I had to ask for more, which they provided for a few days and as soon as we didn't use all of them they cut back. The morning we were leaving they checked the room as we were checking out and came after me to ask where the fourth towel was. Aside from that, it was a perfect location for touring and walking around. The price for a long stay was certainly affordable. There was breakfast every morning, fresh fruit, eggs, coffee and arepas. It was a nice start to the day. I am a bit of a hair dryer snob and did drag my blow dryer with me, but the one there was excellent. My only complaint, which I did see in another review was the water temperature of the shower. It would go from freezing cold to boiling hot and was really hard to adjust. A 10 minute shower took 20 minutes because you had to keep adjusting the shower and stepping back. Certainly not a deal breaker for staying at this hotel but it was annoying. The air conditioner in the room worked really well, it cooled off quickly and the shades kept the room really dark and quiet. I was a little worried looking out over the street but it was fine. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bagladyolg
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Perfectly sited and cute small hotel. A good value as well. Friendly staff and dozens of restaurants within a few blocks stroll. High speed wifi throughout. Poblado is the right area for tourists to stay. Rooms are small but modern clean and great mattresses.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

1. Perfect location to the restaurant scene of Medellin. Close to Via Provenza and Via Intermedia. Lot of restaurants nearby by, and a place one could chill out after moving around the city during the day. Nice ambience of the area, good music, laughing people, good food, what else you need :)
2. Room are comfortable, clean, free WIFI,
3. Breakfast is included, and is quite well rounded one.
4. We were guided to the kitchen in the evening so we could warm up the food.
5. Welcome was very comfortable, and with lot of service, and we were guided to be settled well in the room.
6. Met the owner next day. She too was very cheerful and offered her suggestions to tour the city, obviously both in English and Spanish
7. Well as the name suggests, InHouse is more like the House feeling, nothing very fancy in terms of branded Hotels. However what you well get is that you will be taken care of, and will have a good rest followed by a great breakfast the following day.
8. On the improvement side, the number of towels should have been equal to number of people staying in the room. It was assured to be taken care of, however at the end was not done. Also the AC was 1 ton for a big room, can be upgraded to 1.5 to 2 tons to condition the entire room.

Room Tip: Room facing the road had good view and 2 rows of sliding doors keep the noise away during the night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Yezdee
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I arrived and had to pay way more than I booked for. They made me pay the VAT tax even though I am a foreigner and a resident of Canada. I complained and was ignored. The shower is terrible. A small trickle of water that is either super hot or super cold! You can't even really use it which is unacceptable for a hotel of that price in Poblado where modern bathrooms are by far an issue. Trust me Poblado is as far as one can get from a third world country! They wouldn't even keep my bags for me for a few hours when I came back through town to catch a flight. A good hotel goes the extra mile for its guests. I received better service and better showers from a cheap hostel a few blocks away. Not worth the money!!!

Room Tip: go down the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oldChappy
silviatrujillot, Gerente at In House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comment.
I take this opportunity to clarify that when a person lives in Colombia, whether abroad, but living in our country, every one must pay taxes, this is not something the hotel to do his will, is the law that compels him, Thats we asked for the passport at the time of cheqk in, in your case, it is demonstrable that you
The bags are the store all our guests, even for days!
In your case, remember that you forget a hat, which we collected, we send you an email informing your forgetfulness and which you picked up 8 days later.
The law in this country in very clear with the taxes, and we fulfill tax laws.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel cannot be better, just 3 blocks from Parque Lleras and a couple from Calle 10. The staff is extremely helpful and professional. Rooms and beds are clean and comfortable; priced well. A keeper!

• Stayed: July 2014