“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paisasky

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medellin
Paisasky
Ranked #74 of 199 Speciality Lodging in Medellin
Panama City, Panama
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

We stayed for a week at Paisasky and we had a wonderful time. Every morning there was a different breakfast served with different fruits, delicious. Brigitte and Juan were very helpful in advising were to go in the city, but also in the country. We made part a medical trip and checked out dentist offices. The service there was also great and there is always somebody able to translate. If not, discuss with Brigitte, she will help out. The penthouse was great, impeccable and with beautiful views of the city. Travel light, since you can hand your laundry over in the morning and it will be clean in the evening. If you need any medical or dental work done, this is the right place to stay, your can walk to the offices.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

brigitte c, Owner at Paisasky, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your excellent review and for sharing with other travelers the amenities and the personalized services they could enjoy in Paisasky. We love to make our guests happy and their trip comfortable, and there's no bigger satisfaction for us than knowing you made a good choice. Thanks for choosing us and have happy travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

We really enjoyed staying in this gorgeous spacious penthouse apartment. The rooms are large and very clean. The location is very central and close to lots of things to see, places to eat and bars to go to. The owners were really lovely and hospitable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
brigitte c, Proprietario at Paisasky, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
And we enjoyed to have you here, thanks for choosing us and for sharing! Hope to see you again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Brigitte and her husband have an excellent home, with top quality service. Their breakfasts are awesome and their beds are comfy. The room/bathroom quality was great, and I was given fresh, clean towels every day. I stayed in 4 other places in Medellin before this, and I believe this is the best deal I found. Before this, I was paying more for a worse room with terrible service. As a seasoned apartment-hopper, I was pleasantly surprised by their rental. They're very warm and welcoming too, and can help you with information about the city. While you do have to pay a little extra if you have a guest sleep over, they get to enjoy the wonderful breakfast in the morning too :) Definitely recommend. I was so happy with their rental, I even paid them a little more at the end.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Matt N
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I stayed in Brigitte and Juan's penthouse during Oct. 2012. The location is really great. Its in an area called "Centro". Its a safe and convenient area, with plenty of taxis available to go everywhere. There was a pizza restaurant around the corner that I really liked. There is modern shopping at the Oveolo mall and Sandiego malls. Prices are still very favorable for everything, despite the shrinking value of the USD. Medellin has great springlike weather year round, due to its 5000 foot elevation. The people are quite friendly and helpful to travelers, and I felt safe day and night in this area. You can tell a lot about a city by the airport and its surrounds. The airport is new and modern, and the area around the airport, which is nearly an hour from the city center, is lush green countryside dotted with small farms and second homes. The apartment has several bedrooms. Mostly people are out doing their own thing and we can see them at breakfast, but otherwise its very private. Brigitte and Juan are usually there nights and weekends, but you wouldn't know it, since the penthouse has a couple of levels, and they try to give everyone their space. In fact, she usually sent me text messages even when we were both in the house, so she tries to be helpful while at the same time be unintrusive. There is a maid during the day who keeps the place very clean. The views are great, beds are comfortable, great wifi connection, and strong hot shower. The breakfast is fantastic, with a variety of fresh fruit and juice, eggs and bread. Way more than I could eat. There is coffee and tea available 24 hours, just help yourself in the kitchen, which was helpful because I was awake at odd hours due to jet lag. Brigitte is a very beautiful and intelligent Italian lady, who speaks great English, and has a genuinely warm personality, and great knowledge of everything I wanted to know about the country. Her husband Juan is a strong guy that I would want to use as a bodyguard if I was someone famous touring the city. : ) Last but not least, was the driver Mario. He picked me up and dropped me off at the airport for the same price as a taxi, and we had quite a few laughs as he made great efforts to chat and tell me about the city in Spanish, despite my developing Spanish ability. As someone who personally has many years of experience as a host for vacation rentals, I'm qualified to say that Brigitte and Juan are very skilled and have the right personalities to make guests feel at home and get the most out of their vacation. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I will be back. For sure!
Brad
Oct. 2012

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Hikouki1
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have to stay I travel to Colombia all the time and typically stay in Poblado when going to Medellin. I stayed at Paisaky for the first time this past week. I have stay to I loved it, it really had that home feel to it and the couple that runs it are great! I found I was truly center to everything and in a great location. At night its very quite and relaxing being on the top floor of the building having my own balconing was great. Great view at night. The food there was also great talk about a home cooked meal, I will say this beats any meal on the street and I have visited alot of places. From a business stand point the wifi they have there is very strong all threw out the house not just in one area and it's always no dose come in and out. I look forward to staying there again in the near futrue.

Room Tip: If flying solo or a couple try to request the room on the first floor more privte.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank John T
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Hi, I'm a solo, female traveller that wanted to get an apartment where I could feel more at home in Medellin. I stayed at Paisasky for 8 days and had a wonderful stay. The view is great because it is on the top floor of a very tall building, and there is security at the front, which made me fee more safe. I had my own suite with a nice flat screen TV, terrace and bathroom, and everything was very clean. Having a kitchen, fridge, and washing machine was also very handy and meant I could easily buy food at the local Exito without fearing that someone was going to eat my food. It was in a very great and central location for the sights I wanted to see. It is also about a 5 minute walk to the Metro which I found to be very convenient. I went to the Zona Rosa by a short taxi and it was very easy. Brigitte and Juan were amazing hosts and even took me on a day trip with them to Guatape and El Penol, following by a great dinner at a small finca in the mountains. Brigitte is a great Spanish teacher and Juan is a great cook. Juan also has some great insight about his life growing up and living in Medellin over the years. The breakfast, which is included every morning, was incredibly satisfying--arepa, eggs, fruit, fruitshake, coffee, etc.--so much so that most days I didn't have to eat lunch. Before I left, Juan treated me to a great lunch and made a "fusion" ajiaco and noodle dish and named it after me. :) I also only mentioned to Brigitte at the start that I might be interested in dance classes, and before I knew it, she had researched a few options for me (I ended up taking the salsa classes at a place called Salsa Casino--ask for Andres, very fun!). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with the private bathroom that opens onto the terrace
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CL757
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

This was really a perfect property. Amazing location, amazing view, amazing host Brigitte. The only complaint? No guests for "security reasons." Kind of lame, but amazing otherwise!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo