“Great place, nice location.”

Hotel Poblado Plaza
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Medellin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I arrived by bus and Metro from the airport about 8 at night and was glad for the safe feel of the neighborhood. It's about a 25 minute walk from the Poblado Metro Stop. My room was clean and spacious. Wi-Fi worked very well though it did falter once or twice for a short time. Shower was great. The breakfast was worth the stay. We ate in a lovely courtyard surrounded by plants with nice flatware and dishes on table cloths. The fruit will spoil me for fruit anywhere else. It was perfectly ripe and delicious big pieces. Don't miss the calentado, a delicious local dish of rice, potatoes and other stuff. Service was very attentive. I had an omelette cooked to perfection. Most places overcook them but not here. Front desk staff was very friendly. I felt like a member of the family when I came and went. The front desk also provided me a map and clear directions for Parque Arvi which I couldn't figure from my guide book.

Room Tip: I got a 5th floor room which helped with street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank willbike
Poblado Hoteles S, Social Media Manager at Hotel Poblado Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hi Willbike.

This opinion is very valuable to us, thanks for contact and visit our Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Poblado Plaza

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel locates at the main street. Everything is there and very convenient. Old but clean and nice hotel. this hotel has a big problem with wifi. It was so weak and I had to reconnect all the time and it drove me crazy. If you like to connect to the web often, it is not your hotel.

Staffs are nice but its sister hotel "poblado alejandria" are more friendly and newer.

Room Tip: Request a quite room if you have sleeping problem because this hotel is located at the main street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Hi wk007.

This opinion is very valuable to us, thanks for contact and visit our Hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at the Poblado Plaza for a week on a hectic business trip. The hotel's strongest point is its location, very convenient in the Poblado district, nice to walk around, close to the shopping center and to many restaurants (although mostly chain-food or hip-chain-food places). Rooms are standard, but clean and tidy. Breakfast is included and abundant, although the food is always the same, so you might crave for a variation after the first two or three days. Coffee (paradoxically in Colombia) is not that great, expresso being particularly bad. The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner and food is actually very good and reasonably priced, although dining there will force you to listen to the in-house musician/singer that certainly won't win the next Grammy award. Service is very kind (in Medellín everyone is extremely kind, the city is world-renowned for that fact). The biggest issue I found with this hotel is that they do not have a business centre or working area, so we had to camp with our laptops the bar, the restaurant or the salons -when not occupied with conventions. Wifi is free and available everywhere at a decent speed.
I would probably choose Poblado Plaza for a short vacation stay in Medellín, perhaps not again for a work trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevator, as some are directly in front of it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Disfrutator
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My first trip to Columbia, , stayed at Poblado Plaza and found it to be excellent ..In a beautiful part of Medellin.... I dont speak much spanish , but the hotel staff were more that accomodating , very friendly,and go out their way to make sure you have a very positive experience.. Rooms are clean and bright ,, food in the restaurant is 1st class,... I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here,,,, I will be returning again .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank farchristian
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I'm a client of this wonderful hotel In medellin. for more that 20 years, every time i visit them is like coming home. All employees call you by your name and ask for your family or other guest that have been there with you in other ocassions.

The best Hotel in Colombia.... no doubt. Food is increadible, Clean and quiet rooms. Free internet in the room and lobby. it is like being home.

I highly recommend this hotel. do not even think going any where else. Poblado Plaza is the hotel in MedellinColombia.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I just arrived at the Poblado Plaza last night. My first time in Colombia, and traveling alone to explore possibilities of living in Medellin. I am a young-at-heart 60ish man who speaks very limited Spanish. I chose this hotel after reading a million (at least) reviews and planning my own trip. This was an excellent choice....good location...friendly staff (a few speak some English). I do not find it particularly dated for an older hotel. It is just right for me.
Everything in my room works well, tv has American channels, internet works fine, and the room is spotless. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2013

its a nice hotel in a very good location. Pablado is a very nice and safe neighborhood. You can walk outside feeling completely safe. The hotel is located next to some very beautiful malls, and just across Hardrock cafe. Hotel is clean, personnel is friendly and they have a very decent breakfast. I would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple