“A great place for breackfast all day”

The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop
Ranked #100 of 1,411 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are the best and only restaurant for travelers in Medellin. Look for the 2 big yellow umbrellas and 3 tables out front. I have a great little place that serves good (non-Colombian)food. We serve a great breakfast with eggs, pancakes, french toast, and even home fries. We have best buffalo sauce in Medellin,a new burger that tastes like home, and the best wings in town. All with cheap beer to go with it :o) The other thing I offer is great tourist information. So, for tourists and backpackers, I am a great spot. If you are looking for fine dining or gourmet food, I am not your place.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place is amazing, the owner is very nice and they have alot of information for travelers. the place is in a great location and the food is amazing.

1  Thank Marshallstravel82

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Yes, great wings served with a wealth of local knowledge. Best burgers around, custom ground beef keeps these bad boys nice and juicy!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My friend and I arrived into Medellin on a night bus and were starving! We took a short walk and stumbled across this gem! The owner greeted us with a big friendly smile told us all about the place. We could choose from a huge array of breakfast options (including bacon, french toast and pancakes.... perfect!) or the lunch menu. My friend ordered an amazing breakfast with eggs to order, real french toast and really thick bacon. I ordered buffalo chicken sandwich (spicy option of course) which was made with the owners own recipe. I loved it! The juice was also amazing and we topped it off with an oven warmed pretzel. Don't judge.... we were hungry and the food was great and very affordable compared to most 'gringo' food options in Colombia.
One of the staff members then sat down with us with a detailed map of the city and explained where all of the tourist places are, how to get there, the dangerous 'no-go' areas of town and told us that if we needed any more information or help while we were in Medellin, that we should drop by and ask.

This place was a perfect place to start a great stay in Medellin!
Thanks guys!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Just what we needed! Okay, so we have only been traveling for 8 days but still felt the need for the familiar...and we found it at The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop. The Gringo Burger with cheese is muy delicioso.

Chris said hi in the Museo de Botero, somehow identifying me as a tourist :) and told me about his place AND spent time telling me about Medellin. We stopped at the Flip Flop on our way home (we are staying in El Poblado) and found the place and delightful Paola who helped with a map and other tourist suggestions.

We checked tripavisor when we got to our airbnb apartamento last night and headed for Flip Flop for lunch today!

EASY TO FIND: Go up Calle 10 until you get to Domino's Pizza. Make a right and it is down a few hostels/shops, etc.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The food is good, mainly American brunch style eg eggs, pancakes, french toast etc, but the main reason for going here is for the great tourist information. We ended up staying two hours just for breakfast, while the owner got out a map of the city and gave us loads of advice for our next few days there. He recommended sites, restaurants and nightlife, as well as telling us which areas to steer clear of. I'd recommend everyone head to Flip Flop on their first day for some comforting home style food and a full itinerary for their stay!