“Excellent!”
Review of Aloha Bar and BBQ - CLOSED

Aloha Bar and BBQ
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: A taste of Aloha comes to Medellin at Aloha Bar & BBQ in Parque Lleras. A fusion of Asian and American spices and prepared with a unique island flare,Aloha BBQ creates an incredible eating experience. Aloha’s famous “fall off the bone” RIBS are the best ribs in Medellin. Or you can try Aloha’s award winning pulled pork sandwich, teriyaki chicken and Kalbi steak dinners. Aloha is the only restaurant in Parque Lleras to serve breakfast, throughout the day (and night) For an eating experience and a taste of aloha, try Aloha Bar & BBQ - great food, super service, fantastic value, opens early, closes late, breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night dining or snack. You will be so happy you came you will leave dancing the hula.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had been in Parque Lleres one night, and went to Juan Valdez Cafe for some Coffee. The next day on my way back to Juan Valdez, I spotted Aloha Bar & BBQ right next door, it had a cool decor, like something you might find in LA or Miami. I went in a took a seat. Looking at the menu everything looked pretty good so I opted for a sampler platter. The waitress Melena was great, the food was beyond good, probably the best ribs I've ever had! I met the owner Jerry Wong and his wife, very nice people. Jerry a fellow Brother of the leaf, told me where I can pick up some great cigars too. Just a great dining experience. I wish them well.

Orlando, Florida
“Best food and Friendliest Staff in Medellin”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Aloha is the one place I have on my MUST visit list when I travel to Medellin, I have eaten breakfast and Dinner there several times and they NEVER fail to impress me.
The food is unbelievable at a price that just amazes you.
The staff always welcomes you with a friendly smile and warm hello.
Jerry and Sandra are always around to ensure you are 100% pleased....I would also like to mention if Jerry can't make me laugh no one can.
BTW the Hawaiian coffee is AWESOME.

Medellin, Colombia
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Sunday morning brunch with the whole family! My sister recommended that we try this place out... Turns out it was the best breakfast we've had, outside the house, in a long time! The service was great, Jerry and his wife are amazing hosts and the food was simply delicious! Not much more to say except that you should't miss out on this place... I have to go try their bbq!

Visited October 2013
Lima, Peru
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and good people”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I'm from Hawaii so of course I'm going to check out a restaurant called 'Aloha Bar and BBQ', but you don't have to be from Hawaii to enjoy the great food. We went for dinner and I had the combo plate and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich. Very tasty, the BBQ ribs fell off the bone, the teriyaki chicken kabob, super! The pulled pork sandwich was very juicy and is actually kalua pig in a burger. Before we left Medellin we had to go back again to try their breakfast. The cinnamon apple french toast and the eggs Benedict were awesome and very filling. The owners, Jerry and Sandy are good people and very accommodating. The restaurant is in Parque Lleras, which is a well known tourist and expat hang-out area of Medellin. So it's a safe and trendy part of town.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get the Aloha Combo!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After travelling through Central America eating lots of gallo pinto (beans and rice), Hawaiian BBQ at Aloha Bar and BBQ hit the sweet spot. Based on the solid TA reviews, I checked out the restaurant and I was very happy I did. Jerry and Sandra were very friendly and welcoming. I wanted a bit of everything so I ordered the Aloha Combo which includes BBQ ribs, kal-bi beef kabobs, teriyaki chicken kabobs, fried rice (substitute for potato salad) and coleslaw. The kabobs were delicious and so was the fall off the bone BBQ ribs! Service was excellent and I've been back again for dinner. Will have to try out their breakfast sometime during my visit as well!