“Great food and terrific hospitality!”
Review of Oci.Mde

Oci.Mde
Ranked #15 of 1,476 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Based on the concept of meal sharing, the restaurant allows its clients to try different preparations, its plates, served at the center of the table, are elaborated with excellent quality products: freshly caught fish from the Pacific Ocean; spices from Colombia and Asia; herbs, flowers and organic ingredients, etc. Long cooking times are one of the specialties of the house such as short ribs -12 hours braised- in lemon and chili caramel sauce and pork shank glazed in balsamic and orange with creamy mash potato.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all I have to say how wonderful it is that they cater so nicely to those of us that are vegetarians. The menu is clearly included in English and Spanish and options that are vegetarian are marked with a "V." Furthermore, the staff, especially the hostess was there to ensure all the guests were accommodated to the utmost degree. The food was really wonderful and delicious. I ordered the tartine toast which was filled with fresh unique ingredients and bursted with flavors. The fish prepared with truffle was delicious and worth ordering. Loved this place as its setting is charming and beautiful.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place. Nice location. Different deccoration lights were awesome. The food is ok. The dessert was excellent.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Contemporary spot with top quality food and drinks located on the edge of the heart of El Poblado. Reservations recommended as it seems like a popular spot, but my wife and I walked in on a Thursday evening and were able to be seated at the bar right away. Our server/bartender was very welcoming and patient with our slow Spanish. The dishes were 5 Star chef quality and the drinks were delicious and strong.

We ended up spending around 2-3 hours there because of the welcoming atmosphere, had 2 delicious entrees (slow cooked tenderloin and Pacific whitefish) and 7 expertly prepared cocktails. Our server even comped us our dessert, a delicious ice cream taco concoction topped with meringue :-)

Total bill was about $300,000 Columbian Pesos (~$100 USD) including tip, which considering the 5 Star quality of the food and experience seemed very reasonable.

Highly recommended if you’re looking for a casual yet contemporary fine dining experience with great service.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I was told to make a reservation because the place is normally quite busy so I made a reservation for two at 12 noon.
When I arrived 15 minutes early, I was told the restaurant was closed until noon but I could seat outside and wait. Several members of the staff were standing and talking in the middle of the restaurant including who I thought was the manager. He did look at me but chose to turn his back and ignore. Almost at noon, when my guest arrived, we were taken inside to be seated. The restaurant is very cozy and has two floors. We chose the table on the second floor. The manager (who was actually the sommelier), gave us the menus without any welcoming gesture. I cordially asked if we could be seated in the balcony and he said no, that table is for 4 and it is reserved. Then we got our waiter Juan Carlos, who really saved the situation. He was kind, attentive and very professional. He even introduced us to the chef/owner, who was also very kind. I ordered Gambas del Pacifico and my guest Solomillo de Res. My seafood was accompanied by a rather small salad. It was well served and tasted good. We had a bottle of wine, dessert and coffee.The table next to us was never occupied within the 2 hours we had lunch there. The restaurant was not full either. The experience could have been better if we would have a better welcome, and maybe have been allowed to seat at the bar while the restaurant was getting ready... they could have sold a drink or two and yet, it was obvious the manager/sommelier has no idea how to welcome customers. The restaurant is pricey too.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Nice casual dining restaurant with excellent food and service. Will definitely go back when in town. Very nice atmosphere