Hotel Porton Medellin
US$182
US$136
US$92
US$86
Hotel Poblado Plaza(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$103
Hotels.com
Premium Real Hotel(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$54
Mediterraneo Hotel(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$55
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssanta fe mallawesome hotelincluded breakfastfront desk staffwould stay here againwalking distanceamenitiescitywifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The rooms are nice and big, clean and nicely decorated in a modern style with all the amenities you need - big comfortable beds, hair dryer, bath and shower, LCD TV. Breakfast is good and staff are really nice - even after checking out they let us use our room til the late check-out time of 2pm when one of us fell ill!
Only downside? The hotel is "quite" near the zona rosa but not as near as we expected or hoped to be honest as it's not within walking distance so we depended a lot on taxis. However, this did mean that the hotel is wonderfully quiet unlike a lot of places within the zona rosa and was ideal with our parents but next time we'd probably prefer to be within walking distance of the restaurants and night-life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel both for business and on private trips and so far it is my favourite in Medellín. Location is excellent - in the wealthy Poblado area and in close proximity to two up-market shopping centres (Santa Fe and Oviedo). It is also much closer to to the international airport (MDE) than other parts of the city. I would recommend booking the airport transfer with the hotel which gives you a better car as most taxis in Medellín do not have seatbelts readily available for passengers.

For my business trip I stayed in one of the rather spacious premium rooms with a pretty view and huge TV.

The restaurant is well worth dining in - they even had a food-themed week while I was there. Wine selection is with a distinct Latin American focus and what I liked was that all the bottles were on display in the restaurant which made the choice a little more involving. For breakfast I can recommend the omelettes made to order while you watch. They definitely taste better that way!

Business infrastructure we also used on two occasions. There are 2 or 3 different rooms available and the staff was very responsive to each and every demand we had in preparing it with the client dinner a memorable highlight.

My suggested improvements would be:
- change the wifi system such that it there is no auto log-off after 30min (speed is good otherwise)
- have a bureau de change available in the lobby (not an issue really as there is a bank right next door and several others in the shopping centres but would definitely be convenience factor)

Overall I had great stays and am looking forward to the next one. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Try getting a room on a higher level for a better view. Premium rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank speedbird_super
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everithing was excelent at the hotel, the best service ever, people is very friendly, they make you feel as you were at home, the rooms were really comfortable, also the different amenities they provide you. Breakfast is perfect, thanks to that you don´t need to eat anything additional until lunch. Music at the bar is fantastic, the musician plays the guitar as a professional. I definitely will be at Hotel Portón Medellín, whenever I arrive to Medellín.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Alot better choices in the area. Service is very poor and you can tell they do not like foreigners staying in hotel . If you are from the US - I would not stay there. The breakfast was average . The only good thing about hotel is the proximity to zona rosa area.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Washburn73
Reviewed 9 March 2013

They have charged my credit card twice for the 1 week stay that i had. Now their finance team is not ready to take any ownership of investigating with their bank, as to why their bank has done two transactions. During checkout their Credit Card terminal was not working, so they swiped my cc using the manual machine.

Totally un-accountable, lacks ownership!

Do you want to stay in a hotel which charges you twice on your CC?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business