“Great italian eatery”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A great italian restaurant for a formal lunch or dinner. Very popular with the locals for it's great food and service. The chocolate volcano is an awesome dessert.

The place is not expensive, but the ambience is upscale, so proper informal attire is expected.

The place has been renovated, and looks awesome.

There are newer reviews for IL Castello

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We are here on our final night in Medellin. The place was full when we arrived and we waited about 15 minutes for a table. After being sat we ordered some wine and were given some flat bread followed by some more bread. I ordered te fettuccini Provenza and I have to say that it might be one of the best pasta dishes I've had. Filled with chicken, broccoli and 2 different types of mushrooms it was filling and savory, the white wine cream sauce was the highlight though.
With 3 amazing entrees and a bottle of wine our bill came to about $60 usd which we were blown away by. The atmosphere is forward and elegant and I enjoyed seeing families dining alongside couples on dates.

1  Thank ChillingAmbitiously
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I went there not knowing what to expect but they took my order fast and the food was brought to my table before I expected. The price is not bad at all and the find is very nice.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The guide was obviously terribly bored (kept looking at her watch) and rattled her story off like a machinegun, and all in Spanish too.. Such a pity, because the casle and the family that lived here has such an interesting history but none of it was told or explained.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The food at Il Castello is tasty and ok value. The service was good and the decour and atmosphere nice. It wasn't a restaurant that I would consider for special occasions (try Carmen!) but the food (two different pasta dishes) was good and I'd go back there.