“Treated like a Celebrity!”
Review of Hotel Condina

Hotel Condina
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Pereira
Hood River, Oregon, United States
“Treated like a Celebrity!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I found a great deal on this place on booking.com. Only 55,000COP for a single person for the night. It was a great break from travelling in hostals and giving me a little personal space and time.

From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated better then I have been in 5 star hotels. The bellhop immediately took my bags and asked me what I would like to drink. He served me some delicious hot tea. Although they did not speak English very well, they did everything possible to understand and accomadate me. The bellhop was a student learning english and he was happy to practice with me.

He then took all my bags to my room and gave a quick overview of what was available, including a reasonably priced mini bar. The room was modern and clean. The bed was a bit firm, but I slept very well on it.

The bellhop seemed surprised when I offered him a tip, not like the snobby ones who stand their waiting for their money.

The breakfast service was also amazing. I am vegan, and they did everything possible to feed me. They have a beautiful service room.

I heard complaints that you cannot park in front of the hotel (it is a pedestrian street). If you need assistance with your bags, just ask and I am positive they will come down. There are vendors and great food within walking distance.

I would not have paid full price, solely because of my tight travel budget, but for what I actually paid, it was spectacular!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lacetacular
JUAN CARLOS H, Director General at Hotel Condina, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Kindest regards and best wishes for success in all your activities.

It is a great pleasure to find opinions like yours, which valued all the effort and commitment of our staff for making all our visitors have a pleasant and memorable stay.

Really we work every day to provide an economical option with high quality standards that exceed the expectations of our guests.

Thanks again and we wiil be happy to serve you again on your next trip to the city of Pereira.

JUAN CARLOS HERNANDEZ LOPEZ.
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Eindhoven
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This is an elegant hotel that offers spacious and modern rooms. It's located on a busy shopping street, right in the middle of the city center. The good-quality breakfast is included when staying in Hotel Condina.

It's recommendable to check Booking for the most economical rates. I paid about 24 euro for one night, but the next day the price had gone up to approximately 34 euro.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy shopping street.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pascaliano
london
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

This is the best value budget hotel I have stayed in for a long while. Spacious clean room and very friendly staff. Breakfast was reasonable too. The location is central. We originally turned up at the hotel to check it before booking. Chose our room and then we were allowed to use web to book it at half price!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank zchal24
JUAN CARLOS H, Manager at Hotel Condina, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, we are very pleased that you have perceived the fantastic value for money, that is our main goal and philosophy. All our efforts are aimed at achieving always have comments like yours which encourage us to continue improving every day our services and facilities.

We will be glad to serve you again on your next trip to the city of Pereira.

JUAN CARLOS HERNANDEZ L.
General Manager.
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Arrived at the Hotel Location under a torrent rain storm, found that this hotel is in the middle of a pededestrian walk street with no access to vehicles to load or unload passengers or luggage. No one to help with bags, no unbrellas, no atention... Pay one night penalty and left to find more a more sutable hotel... I was wondering if the rent by the hour, that was my impresion...

Worst ever Hotel I seen so far...

Room Tip: Stay Clear of this nightmare
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travelviper
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The room was clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful - like most of Colombia. The street in front of the hotel is closed to vehicle traffic. At night, the street in front of the hotel feels unsafe even though Pereira is a fairly safe city.

During the day, the street in front of and around the hotel is full of people.

My hotel room had the firmest mattress that I have ever slept on. Very uncomfortable.
The room did not have any individual temperature control - but Pereira is a fairly temperate climate.

The bathroom was extremely small. You couldn't stand in front of the sink unless you closed the door. In order to close the door, you had to move over in front of the toilet.
For the price I paid, I was satisfied.

Positives: Clean room. Friendly staff. Wireless internet. Breakfast.
Negatives: Can't pull up to the hotel at night. Street somewhat unsafe. Bed uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Test the comfort of the bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank plcitv
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here as for two nights and it was the perfect break from backpacker hostels for not that much more. Clean and comfortable rooms. Modern and great wifi for no charge. Breakfast in bed for free - a luxury that was well appreciated! Staff are nice hit speak Spanish only, though willing to try understand our attempt at Spanish. Good location in terms of shops etc, and quiet for sleeping at night.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank najes
Northern CA
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I originally wanted to stay in Manizales in order to spend some time in Colombia's coffee triangle area of Manizales, Armenia, and Pereira, but the FIFA Sub-20 World Cup football tournament had some games scheduled there during my visit so hotels in Manizales, as well as Pereira and Armenia, were almost completely full. So, I stayed at the Hotel Condina in Pereira as a last resort and was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is in the center of Pereira, about a block or two from the main Plaza Bolivar, and is located on a pedestrian mall so there is very little traffic noise. Also, rooms at the back were very quiet (for Colombia), no discos or bars with loud music. The rooms were very well appointed, kind of got the impression that it was a businessman's hotel since all amenities seemed that way, including fast wi-fi, Only complaint was the bed: a bit too hard for my taste, but slept well anyway. The free breakfast was adequate: eggs/toast/coffee/juice, and the staff spoke little English but were very, very helpful if you can speak a little Spanish. My rate was very reasonable, considering the sold-out hotel situation in that area.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking mod cons at a reasonable rate and don't mind doing day trips from the nearby Pereira bus station.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo