“Old School Italian Restaurant”
Review of Jimmy's

Jimmy's
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orchard Park, New York
“Old School Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

While on Vacation at the Jersey Shore we ventured out to Jimmy's in Asbury Park.After leaving our car with the Valet the four of us entered Jimmy's.Parking would be a project without Valet I might add.We were steered towards the back of the bar and greeted by a Hostess.Kind of ackward area for a hostess station due to traffic towards dining area and small banquet room.After fielding phone calls we were finally seated .Our waitress greeted us immediately and took our drink order.We enjoyed our cocktails as we read the menu.We opted for two appetizers,stuffed mushrooms which were fair and the calamari which were excellent with their house marinara sauce.The menu was pretty broad gravitating towards the Italian fare.The four of us ordered a variety of Veal dishes which came with a family style house salad.Their House dressing was fantastic and wish they bottled it to go ! We enjoyed our meal with ther Italian bread and a couple of bottles of Chianti.Our waitress and staff were attentive and excellent.Since we were all full from dinner we ordered a couple of cannolis to go.While kind of pricey all portions were of good size and there were no complaints .Our only complaint for the whole evening was the location of the hostess station(should be up front) and the lighting in the dining areas could be dimmed a bit.

• Visited July 2013

Wall, New Jersey, United States
“Old school real Italian like I grew up loving”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I had resisted going to Jimmy's for years because of it's location in Asbury Park. I'm an idiot. I've missed out on years and years of truly great food. The valet parking is a nice touch and very comforting. On entering the restaurant, I was overcome by the smells - aromas of my childhood that filled me with absolute joy. The wait and bar staff are terrific - very friendly and very knowledgeable about the food. Selection is excellent, presentations are classic and portions are very generous. Try the Veal Francaise or any of the fresh fish entrees. You can't miss here. It's gonna be busy and crowded on the weekends in summer, so plan on staying a while...

• Visited June 2013
Ocean, New Jersey
“Very Good Italian”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I can't help but think about The Godfather or Goodfellas when we come here, mainly because of the decor. However, it's ok, because the service is exceptional, as is the food. The waitresses talk about the food like they cooked the food, and I have never been let down. Be aware that space and time can be an issue, so may not be for everyone. Saying that, I believe this is one of the areas better restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Restaurant looks like nothing on the outside, valet parking in a "seedy" town. Once inside, a bar with locals, nice seating and delicious food. Portions are huge, service is excellent. Took a friend for a special birthday dinner and was not disappointed. Not my first visit and it will not be my last. Worth the trip and don't be afraid of the town.

• Visited December 2012
Loch Arbour, New Jersey
“An Institution”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a Red-Sauce Italian Restaurant at its best. The thick-cut pork chops were excellent as well as the rest of the meal.

Visited March 2013