“Great Food, Huge Portions” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brando's Citi Cucina

Brando's Citi Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Brando's Citi Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 119 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Huge Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Brando's. We did not know anything about the restaurant, merely caught a glimpse of it on the way to the train station in Asbury Park. The outdoor tables looked inviting so we went back to investigate.

It was Fathers Day, and the place was packed, but they had room for us without a reservation. We started with a Caesar salad, large enough to split. It was very good, but the dressing was a little heavy on the mayonnaise. My husband had Rigatoni with Vodka sauce, without the pancetta. The restaurant was very accommodating to vegetarian needs. I had Chicken Francaise. The portions were enormous, and left no room for dessert or coffee.

Ou server was very friendly and helpful. The one jarring note, was "The Godfather," being shown on a tv screen over the bar. I understand the connection, but it was a little weird. However, not weird enough to keep us away. I would definitely return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jane R

Marco Island, Florida, USA
“First Rate Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Been to Brando's twice recently....once at the bar for Happy Hour food / beverage menu and once in the restaurant. Both experiences were first rate. The HH bar menu has nice choices and they serve some nice wines by the glass on HH. For a "splittable" treat , stray to the regular app menu and try the Meatball Insalata. Two large meatballs surround a small salad....one with Sunday sauce (my preferred) and one GARLIC and oil.
Our dining room experience was also very good.....tasty, ample food and efficient service.
We will certainly return. Try it....you'll like it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pumagrad
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Absoultey Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been wanting to dine at the restaurant for for quite some time, based on ALL the positive recommendations. I have to say that this place exceeded my expectations. I want to say that I am an authentic Italian girl. So ordering meatballs from others is not something I would do. But based on all the hype of the meatballs I had to give them a try.....and OMG they are out of this world. Everything we ordered was out of this world, truly a fine dining experience from start to finish, from the food to the service. if I could give this place more stars I would!!!!

2 Thank rsanto s
Colonia, New Jersey, USA
“Start to finish ... Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at Brandos and that was in no small part due to our outstanding server. He was funny, informed, energetic and most importantly went out of his way to make sure we had the best time. A high school reunion of sorts he paced our meal so that we could have the most time together. His food recommendations were spot on too. The food is amazing!!! Fresh and designed with a nice creative twist. Crab, shrimp and avocado over greens - so yummy. Polenta with mushroom ... I'm going back just for this!!! OMGosh this was comfort food that was so delicious, I've never had polenta like it. Dinners were each deliciously fresh and bursting with flavor. Leave room for dessert too - nothing about this meal will disappoint you.

1 Thank Maureen H
del ray ,fla
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

This place caters to the diner. Valet parking, entrances in the front and the back and dressing up is optional. The service is definitely a highlight of the evening. They are so attentive and personal plus the food is delicious! We split the gold beet salad (fabulous), and they divided it for us. The bread came with three choices to use. All were a good choice.
The entrees and generous as we noticed people leaving with to go bags. We ordered peasant shrimp (asked for it be be made less spicy), and the Sinatra pasta (asked for no clams). the waiter attentively placed them on the side for me to enjoy. Both were good choices.
Drinks were addressed quickly and water poured freely. A unusual thing was that the waiter noticed us admiring the french ties at the next table. before we knew it there was a small plate left for us to sample. This is a treat for it reminds us that good food and excellent service still are out there!

Off we went w/our to go bag (in a bag printed up w/their name on it) to the friendly valet parkers to end a good night!

• Visited May 2014