“Asbury Park's Best Kept Secret!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asbury Park Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Asbury Park
Asbury Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Asbury Park B&B and Inns
Centreville, Virginia
“Asbury Park's Best Kept Secret!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here while attending the Bamboozle festival. There is nothing negative to say. Chip and Betsy are absolutely wonderful hosts. The breakfasts Chip prepares are fabulous and the choices endless. Location of the B&B perfect for walking or biking to the beach or numerous restaurants. This is THE place to stay if you are going to Asbury Park.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, but if you want more privacy, ask for the carriage house.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margie_091961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Best. B&B. Ever! My husband and I stayed at AOBI for one night on a Thursday as we were headed to Brick for a wedding. We stayed the evening to celebrate our anniversary and it was better than I even expected, wish we could have stayed longer. It is evident that Chip and Betsy take great pride in their B&B, it was clean, comfortable, fabulous decor and they went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay wonderful. Their attention to detail goes unnoticed from the delicious soap and hand cream in our room to the binder filled with great info and maps on the area, free WiFi, to the candlelit breakfast complete with elegant music and not to mention the very beautiful decor of the rooms. We stayed in the carriage house surrounded by beautiful gardens and a very comfortable spot separate from the main house. The B&B is just a quick walk (less than 5 minutes to the beach- even quicker with a bike that they provide to guests). It's also close to fabu restaurants and live music venues. (I recommend going to Stone Pony).
I always get nervous staying at B&Bs because at times I have felt that the owners get a little too close and are in our space, not the case with Chip and Betsy. We truly enjoyed their company and getting to know them. They respected our privacy while also ensuring that we were comfortable and had what we needed. Upon arrival we were greeted with a beautiful tray of fresh peaches and grapes, fine cheeses, crackers, prosciutto, chocolate and fruit infused water. As many others have mentioned Chips breakfast was one of the best we've ever had. My husband’s omelet was mile-high filled with fresh veggies and my breakfast pizza was amazing! Chip’s homemade warm fruit filled muffins and jelly were beyond delish! The morning before we left we had a few hours at the beach and before we knew it our bikes were outside our door, packed with towels and water ready for us! Overall, an amazing overnight and I truly wish we had a few more nights to stay at AOBI. I will definitely be telling all of our friends and family that they need to visit Chip and Betsy at AOBI. We will be back, this time with our kiddos!! I wish I could give them an overall rating beyond excellent because it was just that-- out of 10 stars we give it a 100.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jules_Dominic
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was our first trip to Asbury Park, and we based our selection of B&B on the reviews we saw on tripadvisor. Everyone has been dead on about his place. We could race about the food, as others have, or the rooms, which we enjoyed, but the best part really is Betsy and Chip. We stayed there a few weeks prior to memorial day for the weekend. Betsy looked after our very need, even offering to have Chip prepare us a picnic lunch for our bike ride down the boardwalk. (we politely declined, since we were still full from breakfast, but will always wonder what sort of wonderful lunch he would have out together) The location is perfect for walking around town, to the beach,etc. We would rate this a five star B&B, up there with some of the ones in DC and San Diego.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 11EMB
, Owner at Asbury Park Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
We are very grateful for your kind words but more importantly we are so glad you enjoyed yourselves in our "City by the Sea". Seeing the smiles on your faces after your bike ride made us wish we had our camera handy. Next visit maybe you can skip breakfast and have lunch? We do look forward to seeing you gain soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Best, Betsy + Chip, Innkeepers
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

From the moment we stepped foot into this wonderful bed and breakfast, we were greeted by Betsy and Chip, who are the loveliest people. We were offered a bottle of wine that came with different fruits and cheeses before we even brought our bags in. This place is incredible, super clean and comfortable with delightful books, furniture and the best food I've had in a long while. However, as adorable as everything is, its no secret that the service provided by Chip and Betsy stand out the most. They simply make this place feel like home. We had coffee in the gorgeous garden in the back followed by the most delicious breakfast indoors. We were spoiled, no doubt. We recommend anyone staying here for it is the best experience we've had in a while. Perfect for a family or couples.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent, all with its own personal style.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phrappy23
AsburyOceanBeachInn, Owner at Asbury Park Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear K + R,

Your heartfelt, genuine and thoughtful review is so appreciated. Please know it was our absolute pleasure to contribute to your relaxation and pleasure while visiting us. Your daughter is simply adorable and very lovable. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us and very much look forward to your next trip to Asbury Park. Omelets and muffins await your next visit! Betsy + Chip
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

My partner and I just spent a lovely weekend at the Asbury Ocean Beach Inn with our 8-month-old daughter. It was the first time just the three of us have taken a mini holiday together outside of the city (NYC). Betsy and Chip were wonderful- they treated us like family and were happy to cater to our every whim. In fact, they even provided things for us that we didn't ask for, but which they noticed might make our stay more enjoyable and convenient. We couldn't have felt more at home with our daughter- we stayed in the ocean spa suite, which has two rooms (bedroom and living room). So my wife and I could spend time together after putting our daughter to sleep in the pack-and-play that they provided and set up for us. The three of us took a family bath together in their luxurious spa bathtub, and spent 2 nights in an amazingly comfortable temper-pedic bed.

By far though, the hospitality and food really made this trip perfect for us. The amazing attention to detail and considerations made upon subtle observation was quite magnificent. They even gave us wine upon request! Chip's cooking is not to be missed. Specifically, the omelette- it's the best I've EVER had, which is saying a lot since I have been to many places in NYC. Betsy's homemade muffins are also quite perfect- the freshest berries and fruit, and top notch organic ingredients. Our last evening we had our afternoon snack (provided every day) of fresh fruit, cheese, and other stuff in their back garden as we fed our daughter dinner. They also have ample amenities that we didn't have enough time to take advantage of, like their beach kit- towels, sunblock, and cart. Truly, they were dying to cater to us on-demand, and gave us popcorn, snacks, and wine when we were getting set to watch a film on their netflix TV!

We will definitely be returning to AOBI... We couldn't have asked for anything more during our brief weekend out of the city. The hospitality far surpasses anything I've ever experienced. I also really enjoyed my little conversations with Betsy, quite an amazing woman. We're so much looking forward to going back, we just have to decide when...

Thank you Betsy and Chip, for a wonderful experience. We hope to see you soon!

-R, K, & S :-)

Room Tip: Ocean Spa suite is great for couples and family.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank R S
, Owner at Asbury Park Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
AsburyOceanBeachInn, Owner at Asbury Ocean Beach Inn, responded to this review
June 19, 2012
Dear K + R,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We had the fortune of picking this lovely b&b for a long weekend vacation. The spa suite was tastefully decorated with total relaxation in mind. The owners, Betsy and Chip were equally amazing in their attention to detail. From the warm greeting to the help with directions and the most delicious breakfast imaginable! We felt right at home. We were truly blessed to have the opportunity to stay at the asbury ocean beach inn! Don't miss out on this one!! Dan and Mary

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Ladydiver3000
AsburyOceanBeachInn, Owner at Asbury Park Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear M + D,

Thank you for your generous review. We are so happy you two enjoyed yourselves because we sure enjoyed having you stay with us! It was so much fun for us to hear your adventures of the day at breakfast the next morning and what new things you discovered in our City by the Sea. We hope to see you again.

Best, Betsy + Chip
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Betsy & Chip I want to thank you for your gracious hospitality during my recent 3 day visit. This was my first time at a B&B, so I wasn't sure what to expect. You delivered everything you advertised and THEN SOME! I wanted to attend the Bamboozle Festival and threw the dice five months ago on where to stay. I must say I lucked out on that one. From the first reservation phone call to check out you were extremely helpful. Loved the information book at check in about the inn, Asbury Park and the maps. The room and bath were both clean and spacious. The location to the festival and other activities was perfect, close enough to walk, far enough for peace. The bikes were also great for just cruising the boardwalk. I am admittedly a foodie and not shy when it comes to chow but you raised the ante on that. The variety of choices could please any palate. I of course had to try them all! You said the portions were generous and that is simply the truth. Chip is a great chef - every morning I was so eager to have breakfast and see what he had prepared. But first I would have one of Betsy's warm homemade muffins with homemade jam. The only thing missing was a scoop of vanilla ice cream! I must confess the "afternoon snack tray" was the clincher in the ad. What a beautiful tray loaded with a variety of fruit, nuts, cheeses, crackers, and chocolate each afternoon - again very tasty and generous. Both the front porch and court yard had ample seating and lovely flowers/landscaping to enjoy. If I or anyone I know ever travels near Asbury Park I have the scoop on the best stay in town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank 4me2havefun
AsburyOceanBeachInn, Owner at Asbury Park Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear M,

Thank you so very much for your detailed and enthusiastic review. it was our absolute pleasure to have you stay with us. We enjoyed your spirited descriptions of the concert and loved the fact that you really had a good time in Asbury Park. We hope you can visit us again sometime in the future. Email ahead and tell us what kind of muffins you would like for breakfast!

Best, Betsy + Chip
#6 of 6 in Asbury Park
Hewitt Wellington
Hewitt Wellington
#1 of 6 in Spring Lake

Been to Asbury Park Inn? Share your experiences!