“Yappy Hour!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Wonder Bar
Ranked #17 of 119 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yappy Hour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We ended our Memorial Weekend mini beach trip here - Excellent way to spend Memorial Day with friends and our furry babies! Wasn't sure what to expect and if it would be crazy; we were pleasantly surprised. They had a "bouncer" at the gate and good amount of staff working the outside Yappy hour. They had good beer specials. Place was clean; they had pooper scoopers for you to use to clean after your dog. They also mini/kid pools that they could run into cool themselves off. They had a good set of reasonable rules before entering. If there were any trouble with the dogs, they just ask the owners to politely leave. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing place. We will definitely be coming back! We are so happy that this place and Yappy hour exists - wish there were more dog lovers like this owner, Thank you!

Perkase, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yappy Hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Took our dog here for yappy hour on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. It was packed. Doggie had a blast walking around and meeting all the dogs & people. Even peed on the back of some lady's chair. She didn't care lol. We didn't have anything to eat, just enjoyed a couple of Coronas while watching all the doggie action. Pretty funny! Highly recommend Yappy hour even if you don't have dog. Just fun to see!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Yappy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We love the yappy hour (doggie play day) that the wonder bar hosts on weekends. Annie, my dog, does not go to dog parks, and last summer I was very nervous about her going to theirs. However, Kevin and the rest of the staff made us feel comfortable and welcomed and assured us that no aggressive dogs would be in the play area or they would leave. After three visits, we have never once had a problem. The "doggie" beach is adorable, and the drink specials for the "parents" of the dogs are awesome. All of the people and their pets are super friendly, you will see people from all walks of life hanging out here. It is always a good day at this place, and our only regret is that we live an hour and a half away and our visits are limited.

Linden, New Jersey
“Everyday Fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Fun day Sunday for myself and friends. Don't let my 3 of 5 rating set a tone to this read. Arbitrarily speaking It's a full count. Awesome attentiveness of the folks serving. Great Sunday Jam Band delving deep in delivering in the likeness of such Greats, Like The Allmans, Jimi Hendrix, I thought Pig Pen was belting out Lovelight...Great scene. Cool Folks All Around. I guess really what keeps me from giving it a full 5 really only has to do with me. It was a cold ride back along the Ocean up to Union County. I definitely found someplace that I would come back to. Before I forget to mention. I enjoyed the Fried Pickles. Thanks Wonderbar. I also love your dedication our furry friends, "Yappy Hour." Looking forward to the next time.

1 Thank 1020EWR_13
Asbury Park, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best veggie burger I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had family visiting, and they wanted a simple lunch. We went to the Wonder Bar. I ordered a veggie burger (thinking it wouldn't be that great). It was the best veggie burger I've ever had (I've eaten many veggie burgers). The Wonder Bar also supports the Steelers, so if your a Steelers fan, you should go there.

• Visited October 2013