“The most incredible vegan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Goldie's - CLOSED

Goldie's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Utica, New York
“The most incredible vegan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My carnivorous boyfriend was skeptical to try Goldie’s but after I got him there he could not stop raving about the food. That should tell you something.
The place itself is beautiful - elegant, modern and hip. Perfectly lit, beautiful furniture and bar and an open kitchen.
They have Mexican-influenced beers and drinks and an Agave Wheat beer that was delicious and unique. I had the Rodrigo tacos and my boyfriend had the Dang Quesadilla and we each had a side of yucca fries. The entrees were so unique and flavorful we were just in awe of what we were eating. On the menu, the tacos are described as mushroom chorizo tacos - potato, cashew crema, radish, fresh corn tortillas. With that, it’s hard to know what it’ll be like, but I encourage anyone who eats at Goldies to be adventurous. You will not be sorry.
The Dang Quesadilla contained squash blossoms which is what caught my eye. That coupled with the other ingredients made this quesadilla like no other. Whoever came up with these recipes is amazing. Every ingredient goes together perfectly to create the most delectable dishes.
When you go to Goldies, get the yucca fries. The breading was crispy but light and the inside was soft but not soggy. They’re served with cashew crema which is the perfect accompaniment. We couldn’t eat them all and had them at lunch the next day - cold and still incredible.
I don’t think this restaurant will have any trouble succeeding in Asbury Park. We will definitely be back.

Visited August 2014

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“good food but$$$$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Goldie's changes their menu often. I went during the mexican tapas theme. The food was delicious, and you couldn't even tell it was vegan. I know tapas are small plates, but these tapas were verrry small, and I wouldn't mind except you did not get your money's worth. I mean $12 for one tamale is not reasonable. I would go back, but recommend only for appetizers with drinks, or a tapas happy hour, not dinner.

• Visited August 2014
Wanamassa, New Jersey, United States
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is wonderfully unique and it fits Asbury style. I am excited to visit Goldie's again and my prior visit was as delicious as the first.
My son and I love eating out and Goldie's is a perfect location to have great food, which is healthy. At times it is hard to find appropriate choices in food when eating out. At Goldie's that is not the case.
We were satisfied and definitely needed a brisk walk after the Carmel sorbet.

Morganville, NJ
“Good food and service but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Three of us ate here today from the brunch menu and the food was very good as was the server. However, the food came out of the kitchen slowly, essentially one dish at a time, so we did not all get ours when we should have. One of us had eaten here at least once before and this was not a problem then.

We had a couple of different taco dishes which were both quite good. The yucca fries were also good but we preferred less salt. We'll ask for that next time. The Aguachile salad was especially good and the chiles were not hot. The Mexican Toast was also very good.

The weather was good and we ate outside at a small round table on the sidewalk. However, the interior is very nice and somewhat elegant looking. Goldie's is a bit pricey for the size of the dishes but it is a specialty restaurant and the quality shows.

Definitely worth going back to again.

• Visited July 2014
Ocean, NJ
“Enjoyable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to try somewhere we have not been so we found ourselves here on a Thursday night. There were a few people at tables and at the bar. The kitchen is open and is located behind the main bar (there is also a smaller bar with 5 seats.) The décor and music were pleasing. We shared the chips and had had both salsa and guacamole, they were fresh and the salsa was not spicy (I think $15 is a bit pricey for them.) I had potato and poblano pepper soft tacos. They were delicious, here is my howevers.... the plate they were served on was way to small, it made them hard to eat, and they should be served with rice or something else. My husband had bean burritos, they were tiny but tasty, and served with rice. I had a Mojito that was infused with cucumber and cilantro, very nice as a summer cooler. Overall it was a good experience a bit pricey for what you get though, thus the very good and not an excellent.
Here are a couple of hints for the owners, check your ventilation system, I was sitting near the open kitchen and only one item was cooked when I was there, mine. My clothes were quite fragrant from the food when I left. Your open kitchen staff should be reminded not to pick their nose, scratch their butt or other things that diners do not care to see, checking your phone every 2 minutes is probably not a good idea either.

• Visited July 2014