“Amazing”

Confections of a Rock$tar
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Asbury Park
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our boys, who have eaten lots of cupcakes in their lives, announced that the cupcakes here are the best they've ever had. I have to agree. These are the real deal! Amazing combinations, real, fresh ingredients, fun atmosphere, and friendly staff. We are just sorry they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays! You have to go here! It is fabulous.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stopped at Confections with my husband and some friends who were visiting from out of state. I had a s'mores cupcake which was yummy, and my husband enjoyed the blueberry cupcake he had picked out. I thought it was pretty clever how all of the cupcakes had interesting names, like 10th Avenue Freeze Out for a mint cupcake, and the use of CDs to show the names and descriptions of the cupcakes was cute too. Worth a try. :]

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

So I consider myself a cupcake fanatic. With that said I am very picky. My cupcakes must be moist, not too sweet, NOT taste like a box mix and must have different and creative choices. "Confections of a Rockstar" meet all these criteria and more. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Went to eat at Old man rafferty's in Asbury and LOVED it! Noticed this bakery across the way. Decided to try it. Cupcakes looked really good. Decided I'd try a box of 4 (1 ea. for the family). I asked the girl what type of frosting was on 2 of the cupcakes before I bought them. She looked at me and said what???? I asked my questions about the frosting again: what flavor are they? to which she answered: um....I don't know... I said are you new? ( giving her the benefit of the doubt) she said NO, I've worked here for a while. I said ok so you DON'T know? How can you sell something when you don't even KNOW what it is?!? She said: Let me go ask someone in the back and left us up front for a while. When she finally came back she said: I think its a buttercream frosting...I said again WHAT FLAVOR is it?? she says I don't know. With that I had to question if they were REALLY even made there let alone homemade cupcakes . Despite how this was going, everyone wanted dessert so I still purchased the cupcakes at the expensive price of $3.50. We got home, and everyone complained the cupcakes were dry. They tasted like they've been sitting there a while, it was gross. I literally took 1 bite and was done. The grandchildren refused to finish there's which made me feel really bad. Will not be coming back here again. There's another bakery in Ocean groove and one in Belmar that I'd suggest to be the best in the area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went there with some family members that read about it.

First, there are no prices posted ANYWHERE. Also the descriptions of what the cupcakes are are in the case, almost impossible to read. Had to practically lie on the floor to read the signs on the bottom row.

The cupcakes were good, but not $3.50 a pop good. Also service was a little disorganized, no requests of what can I tell you about the cupcake, etc., while watching us trying to figure out what is what.

Honestly would have rather had my TastyKakes.