“An Update Of My Review Awhile Back”
Review of Oceanic Inn

Oceanic Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Asbury Park
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just spent the weekend in Asbury Park. Lovely weather!!! My first stop upon arrival was to set up camp at the Oceanic Inn, turn on the air conditioner, then hit the beach. As you can see from the pictures it's not the Ritz Carlton, but it is clean. I don't know how one can go wrong paying $80/night, and a $10/refundable key charge versus a place that charges $229/night. I mean...are they kidding? It's only Asbury Park for goodness sake! Oceanic Inn must also be landmarked because I'm surprised that the other hotels/motels have not tried to close them down because they're so cheap versus their prices. Anyway... no more reviews by me about them. I don't want too many people to discover my little gem which is a HUGE savings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank ObjectiveCritic

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place for a short getaway with my husband and my daughter , friendly staff and just one block away from the beach . The area is filled with great restaurant at a walking distance ,the new boardwalk is great and they also added a new playground for kids to play on , the water has clear and warm we will defiantly go back this summer.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mindy71884
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you want to save $200 and stay 1 block away from the beach this is your place. Not luxurious but adequate to sleep. Bring your own pillows and maybe blankets. Fridge and microwave in the room with a small table. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

so I've never stayed there, but just called the oceanic inn in asbury park...i was looking to go down to asbury park for an overnight stay with a group of friends..there would have been 8 of us, which in normal hotels would not have been a problem...2 beds in each room, 2 people per bed...we'd need two rooms, right? WRONG!! they only allow 2 people per room...so if you are taking your kids down, you'd need multiple rooms, which would mean your nice affordable getaway to asbury park suddenly turns into a more expensive one....plus the guy was rude and hard to understand on the phone...hope this helps!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shannon K
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Oceanic has has been around a long time and the building and grounds show their age. So if new & shiny is important to you, get a room at the renovated Berkeley across the street and you can set your precious behind on the zebra skin chairs in the lobby.
If you want the best deal on the Asbury boardwalk, the Oceanic is clean, quiet and literally steps away from the boardwalk and beach.
My husband and I stayed there 4th of July weekend and the rates were still reasonable while everyone else's were inflated. When we lived in the area, we recommended it to visiting family and no one had any complaints.
Make no mistake, this is a budget hotel. But when visiting the beach, all I really need is a place to leave my car (free parking) and rest my head when the day is over. Oceanic is just the thing. I plan to come back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lisa962
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Great location, super cheap, friendly staff. They definitely cut corners with (extremely) cheap linens and towels, I'll will bring my own next time. We didn't use the stove, but it did work. Nice little flat screen tv, but limited channels--not really a lounge around in your room kind of place anyway. Overall, totally worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TwoRightGloves
Reviewed 7 October 2012

There is no way that anyone can say this place is clean! We were just looking for a clean room to sleep for the night. First of all to check in they buzz you in to get to a plexiglass window. Do to such we requested to see what the room looked like and he gladly gave us the key to room 17. Went to room and immediately opened the door and dead roach upon entering doorway, did a walk through one more dead on rug then another in bathroom. Decor as well was a horror example: frig was written all over with magic marker, small table had people's names initialed and carved on it, frig was sitting perched on top of some old nasty table, bathroom was gross and disgusting. Pool was covered with dirty nasty cover and next to it there must have been about 100 sparkle buckets filled with dead vegetable plants. Went back to give him key and told him about roaches and he replied " oh the exterminator was just here and I guess they didn't clean the room after that". Take my advice please please do not stay here in this obvious roach invested place, I mean it when I say I wouldn't let my or anyone else's dog stay here. also doors open up right into parking lot, no security what so ever. NASTY NASTY GROSS PLACE TAKE ME WORD FOR IT I SEEN IT FIRSTHAND!!!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#2 of 6 in Neptune
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Been to Oceanic Inn? Share your experiences!