“Really good burger, good happy hour”
Review of The Bonney Read

The Bonney Read
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bonney Read is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 133 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Went here after work on a Wednesday. They have a very good happy hour that lasts all night. Drinks, raw bar, etc. are really priced well.
To eat I had a cheeseburger with french fries. It was very tasty with a sort of tomato jam on the burger.
They also offer soups on the menu and plenty of fish dishes.
The bartender Jeff was very nice.

1  Thank Mike G

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I came here with my husband for happy hour one Sunday and the bartender was awesome. He had a name that had a odd spelling (which is all I remember) and he mentioned his wife was a bartender in another Asbury establishment.

He was so good and very attentive!

Great seafood and awesome happy hour!

They have a great beer and drink menu as well!

Def will be returning!

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Hopefully, as I am writing, the Happy Hour still exists in this modern open and cool place! There were drinks for five bucks, and oysters for one buck each,and other savory Happy Hour goodies to eat and drink, a youngish atmosphere for all to enjoy in the most classy street at beautiful Ocean Grove..Can't wait to return soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

My husband and I have been to Bonney Read with friends a couple of times. Check out all of the great food and drink specials. We've bought gift certificates for friends and family and they raved about it! Our 31 year old son is now a confirmed oyster lover! Our friends went out after having dinner hear and overheard someone looking for a place for oysters. They told him to go to Bonney Read for THE best oysters around. The guy and his party ran into our friends after the ate at Bonney Read and thanked them for the advice. Check out the Sunday Bloody Mary! Looks like a meal in itself! Take recommendations from the well informed staff. I've tried, and loved, things that I never thought I would eat!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

This was our second visit. Previously, we'd enjoyed the $20 Lobster Special, which was an amazing value. This time, we ordered off the menu. Our warm and high-spirited server Amanda recommended a Sauvignon Blanc (I wish I could remember the brand!) and when I tasted it, I knew we were in good hands! (It had lots of grapefruit notes) My wife and son shared their new $20 rum flight, and enjoyed it) Mom, who is a very picky eater, had their Lobster Bisque, and gave it a thumbs-up. On Amanda's recommendation, I had the Tracer Shark, which I'd never had before. It had a pleasing flavor and texture. Wife and son both had the fish n chips. The serving was HUGE, accompanied by a copious amount of fresh, hot, crisp fries. (One warning, the fish had curry in the batter. They loved it, but for some reason, this isn't called out on the menu). It was a great dining experience: Truly delicious food, served in a fun environment, with an outstanding server.