My husband and I started here for a quick overnight without the kids, looking for some beach reading time. It is obvious the hotel has put a lot of work into renovating. The lobby and surrounding areas are very pretty. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was a corner unit facing the ocean so it was very large and clean with a beautiful view. If you go, try to request a room like this. All in all though, it just felt a like it was missing the mark somehow. We stayed on a Monday night and after sleeping in a little, we realized that he hotel doesn't serve breakfast during the week and it is at the very end of the boardwalk so nowhere really near served breakfast. They served coffee in the lobby but were taking it away at 11:00 so after we realized we weren't going to get breakfast anywhere we were going to settle for just coffee by the pool but we couldn't even get that. Then we thought we would get a granola bar or something to tie us over until we walked somewhere for lunch but the gift shop that sold those was closed even though the sign said they should have been open at that hour. No drinks were being served at the pool and we were told that nowhere near there would deliver. Anyway, it was slightly inconvenient, and it felt strange being that this was the Jersey Shore in the middle of July!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the Jersey Shore, just a few steps from the famous Asbury Park boardwalk, the Atlantic Ocean provides gorgeous panoramic views and the ultimate setting for your relaxing getaway. The Berkeley’s coveted beachfront location has convenient proximity to an array of local hotspots, the most notable is The Stone Pony. Our oceanfront hotel is only an hour away from Philadelphia and New York City, making it easily accessible. Head to the Tiki Bar and enjoy a cocktail poolside under the private cabanas for the ultimate relaxation experience. Or you can soak up the sun on the beach and then head across the street to the legendary Stone Pony. If you are one of lucky ones you may catch a surprise appearance by “The Boss”, Bruce Springsteen. The nightlife is diverse and when you stroll along the boardwalk, you will discover great beaches, great shopping, and delicious dining options. The boutique NJ hotel and the historic seaside community is the ideal venue for your wedding featuring magnificent ballrooms and an expansive rooftop perfect for your ceremony or a sunset cocktail party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park