“A gem of a hotel. The best beds I have ever slept it. Spotty WIFI.”

Movich Las Lomas Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rionegro
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Words cannot describe how wonderful this place is. I booked my 8 day vacation to Medellin and after 3 days could no longer breathe the foul Medellin air which has become so contaminated that one needs to bring oxygen along in order to breathe. All of Medellin is sufferring from the growth of this once know city of eternal spring, which is now the city mind boggling pollution.
I did some investigating and was told that the hotel Movich located adjacent to the International Airport located about 45 minutes out of town in lovely Rionegro. This hotel has it all it is fabulous. Its a great resort with Swimming pool, spa, huge room and comfortable beds. Its hard to believe the airport is 2 minutes away. Dont let that scare you off. The plane noise is negligable.
The only problem I had was with the Wifi which coverage is sportty throughtout the hotel. Great coverage by the pool, not so great coverage in my room. This was a great concern for me as I depend on the Internet to communicate with family while overseas. This is a matter that the management needs to rectify. Speedtests came up with less than 1mbps most of the time. Unacceptable in this day and age. Aside from this issue this place is Ammmmazing.
PS This is important the air quality is crystal clean and pure, without any pollution. This is the way Medellin used to be 35 years ago before it exploded into what it is today.
Rionegro is up at 7000 feet. Consult your doctor before visiting this high altitude hotel.. The air is thin up at this altitude. I had a little problem with breathing, but in all fairness I am overweight and do have a mild case of Asthmam however high altitude sickness is a common ailment and should be researched and understood in order to prevent getting sick.
A taxi ride to Downtown Medellin is about $30.00. There are cooperative minvans and busses for a fraction of the price, however the bus does let you off in old downtown Medellin at the Nutibara hotel. Hold on to your wallet in that part of town. Poblado is the area of Medellin that is the most upscale and safe. There is a stark contrast between old Medellin and the Poblado area. Be forwarned. Don;t get me wrong I love Old Medellin but one needs to be brave and fearless to roam around there without a guide or a person who knows the area.

Room Tip: If WIFI is an issue check your connection before unpacking. You might want to switch your room with...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ronandlane
HotelesMovich M, Gerente at Movich Las Lomas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Thank you for leaving you comment about our Movich Hotel, we are working hard to improve everyday and you comments helps us achieve better services.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at the Los Lomas hotel the night of the 10th of April 2012.
I booked it because it was only one minute by shuttle bus to the airport and I had a very early morning flight that required I be at the airport 3 hours ahead of flight time.

I was very pleased with my clean room and elegant bathroom.
The windows even look over wonderful grounds that are graced with peacocks roaming freely....even an all white peacock.

I ordered a meal to my room as I had to retire quite early to get up at 4:00 a.m.
It was very good and too much for me to finish.
All in all it was a great place to stay and for $146.00 U.S. well worth saving the time and money taking an unreliable taxi from 30 minutes away.
It made my journey home a much easier start.

For anyone considering travel to Colombia but worried about your personal safety I would say do not worry as long as you are not near the border Countries to Colombia.
I was perfectly safe in the outskirts of Medellin and enjoyed a month of experiencing wonderfully kind people and gorgeous scenery.
I will go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank imanana
HotelesMovich M, Gerente at Movich Las Lomas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate all the comments of our guests and use them to improve our services. Hope to have you back soon and offer you a great experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Family of 5 stayed for one night in standard room. Rooms are smaller but clean and modern. Soft. Beds with nice sheets and pillows. Staff was extremely helpful. Free shuttle to and from airport.
This hotel is only minutes from terminal, but an hour from Medellin. Pool area is nice.
The night we stayed they were hosting a wedding, so we were fortunate to be on opposite side of building as the band was in open air pool area and it was extremely loud on that side of the building. if you need a night close to airport, you cannot go wrong!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 June 2012

A 4-night stay here recently was my first time at this hotel which is literally a two minute drive from the airport. Once you arrive you will not notice that you are near the airport. The hotel is clean, and modern with adequately sized rooms - nothing fancy but very comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit small but have a terrific glass and sandstone shower enclosure. This is both a resort and a business hotel so there are all types of activities going on all day in the conference rooms and around the fabulous pool. The restaurant is mostly al fresco, overlooking the pool, and has an adequate menu although the service can be a bit slow at times.
The real topper to the experience are the flock of peacocks on the grounds, even an albino one and a recently hatched chick! Also there are ducks and Guinea fowl around with the peacocks. A nice hotel with and adequate restaurant, but not in the middle of Medellin.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 June 2012

This hotel is 2 minutes away from the international airport in rionegro , that services the medellin area , the hotel is in a natural enviroment and is very quite , rooms are a tiny bit small , the service is outstanding , the staff really cares about you , the spa is good , massages are great , prices for their restaurant are affordable and the food,breakfast buffet is also good although nothing compared to hotel chains like marriot , hilton etc , just a nice buffet which gives the hotel more characther and more of a country intimate feel .... they have gardens where you can walk and see all the birds walking around . Only downside if youre in business in medellin , it is a 45 minute drive ....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelesMovich M, Gerente at Movich Las Lomas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to review our hotel, for us is a pleasure to provide our guest with the best service and experiences. We hope to have you back at this one or any of our 7 hotels around the country.
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have no words to describe this awesome experience, this Hotel is a natural "heaven"! Set in a lush Park/Woods environment is the most peaceful surroundings which is now handle by a great new Colombian Hotel Group - Hoteles Movich! The one in Rio Negro Airport is simply awesome for Business Meetings, Family Gatherings or the best peaceful airport Hotel in the world! Truly an awesome experience with a great Spa!

Room Tip: All rooms are superb, but I got one with a Terrace which was an added feature, so ask for a Terrace...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jrferreras100
HotelesMovich M, Director General at Movich Las Lomas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife and I needed to stay at an airport hotel because of a very early morning flight. I read the TripAdvisor review and was concerned about some of the comments about inappropriate credit card billing. But after I booked the reservation I discovered that the hotel is now owned by Movich, the same group that owns the Intercontinental Hotel in Medellin where we were staying. We checked in about 3:00 PM and loved every minute. The grounds are beautiful, the pool area is clean and quiet, the restaurant was very good, and our room was very clean and well-decorated. We paid in cash because of the TripAdvisor warnings but now that Movich is running the property I don't think there will be any problems. I really liked this hotel.... we'll stay there again next year and hopeful have more time to enjoy the facilities.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a garden view room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gahoppe

Best regards,
Movich Hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rionegro
Hotel Los Recuerdos
#1 of 15 in Rionegro
MG Hotels & Suites
MG Hotels & Suites
#8 of 19 in Rionegro

Been to Movich Las Lomas Hotel? Share your experiences!