This was our 12th trip to San Andres Island and we love it. However this trip was very disappointing for us.
There were there issues:
1) the hotel was full of loud children ages 8 and under. There must have been a South American holiday and there was a lot of screaming, yelling and crying around the pool all day where you can normally relax.
2) several people including my wife and i got very sick with severe diarrhea. Not sure if it was from the food or water but we were sick for 10 days and couldn't enjoy our usual scuba diving and other activities.
3) they always have loud shows from 9:30 pm until 11:00pm. Even in your room you can hear loud bass and yelling over the microphone. I can never figure out why it has to be so loud.
About being sick: The staff was very good about preparing us bland food ordered by the nurse.
They would not tell us how many people were sick but we found out that many people were sick during the time that we were there.
In all our previous trips we have never had a problem on San Andres.
I am so disappointed to spend that much money only to be sick almost the whole time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between the ocean and the thick brushes surrounding it, the Decameron Marazul rises as a first class paradisiac hideaway near the Orange Hill area in San Andres Island. Only 15 minutes from the airport and on the via San Luis, the resort is surrounded by a mangrove forest with a white sand private beach and a spectacular sea tinted with the entire spectrum of blue, contrasting the garden and ample green areas reserved for guests. From here, you may visit the most beautiful keys in the archipelago such as Cayo Acuario and Cayo Haynes which are located right in front of the beach, as well as Rocky Cay only 5 minutes away, with a beach and the only rocky key where we have an exclusive club for you to keep on tanning during your vacations on the various island locations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Decameron Marazul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super Decameron Marazul Hotel San Andres Island
- Decameron San Andres