“What a hostel!!”

La Brisa Loca Hostel
Budapest, Hungary
“What a hostel!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Definitely one of the best hostel I have been

Very good atmosphere, people were nice and interacting a lot with others,

The hostel organize games for the guests what makes even easier to get to know people,

Facilities were very clean and they had the perfect bathroom system for a hostel,

Rooms were big and confortable,

Drinks were not expansive,

JUST take care if you are drunk and decide to go to the beach at 3 am, I got robbed!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Everything a great hostel should be - great location, nice communal areas including a pool and roof top terrace with hammocks, great bar with nice food options and clean room with aircon.

It was a little disorganised though - there seems to be loads of people working/volunteering there but all doing a halfhearted job of it - reception always felt chaotic, the bar staff were a bit slow and forgot to put an order through to the kitchen and when we went to check out they had no record of the food and drink we'd had!

A couple of cons - wifi didn't work in our room and one night when we just wanted to get some sleep as we'd been camping in Tayrona for the previous two days, they played very loud music til midnight.

Overall though would recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We checked in and checked right back out since the wifi didn't reach our room. We were disappointed since it looked like a great place to stay. Wifi worked great in the common areas while we waited for our room to be cleaned. I can't comment about anything else.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at the Brisa Loca as my first stop on my north Colombia tour and I couldn't have picked a better place to start. The hostal is wonderfully located right in the heart of the city center, close to the parque de los novios and close to the sea side. It's the small things though, that really make you feel welcome as a traveller at the Brisa Loca. Every new guests gets a free welcome beer at the bar (which is open all day and half the night). Especially for solo travellers the bar is a great plalce to meet new people and share experiences. Also you can order extremely delicious breakfast and lunch during the day and dinner for the night due to the cooperation with the Mexican restaurant next door. Did I mention you get free coffee?
Also the showers and bathrooms were always really clean and a pleasure to use (especially after hiking back out of Tayrona Park). The pool finally is the cherry on the cake although I only used it once or twice.
Last but not least, what really set this hostel apart for me were the lovely and extremely helpful people who run it. Lola is from Santa Marta and has always nice recommendations for going out or getting a bite to eat. The people are really interested in you having a good time in Colombia and gladly help you figute out where to go next and how to get there. That was defenitly not always the case in hostels in Colombia. I would come back any time!!

Room Tip: I stayed at the dorm on the ground floor. Even though it was a bit noisy at night I slept really wel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ridgewood, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014

La Brisa ended up being my home base for about a month during my trip to Colombia. I kept leaving and passing through over and over while exploring the Caribbean coast and Minca. There is a great vibe in this place - if you are looking for a party the bar area is always hopping, but you can also find a hammock on the roof deck and chill with a book. I also have a special place in my heart for the staff. When I first arrived I came down with a bug and they were so sweet and helpful. The girls at the front desk wrote down very specific directions for finding a doctor and then when I was resting up the bartenders were so kind about making sure I had water. It's really nice to have such caring people around you when you are traveling alone and come down with a major fever. After I recuperated I hung out with all of them with beers and celebrated!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Brisa Loca in one of the private rooms for a long weekend and really enjoyed our time. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming from the get-go and the room was big, clean and reasonably quiet. The food was great - in the morning there are delicious breakfast burritos and if you're feeling healthier, granola & yogurt; for dinner you can order food straight to the bar from Agave Azul which is amazing Mexican food... although that too, is worth the visit (next door), as they've got wonderful margaritas - I'd recommended the lulo. There's plenty of nice places to hang out - whether it be by the pool, playing pool, or laying in a hammock on the beautiful newly constructed rooftop. It was a great place to come back to after adventuring in the surrounding areas of Santa Marta all day. I'm usually not a hostel goer, but I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The bar does get rowdy so if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room further away!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The building is arranged around an open courtyard with a small social pool on the ground floor and a very cool bar on the second floor. It's perfect if you're up to party a bit in the bar or the roof, or if you can coexist with people who are. During our visit Ricky was the front man and was the single most can-do front desk/concierge guy I've every met, extremely helpful. Some quirky colorful decorations and a fine price for dorm rooms and I'm happy to feel the crazy breeze again.

Room Tip: the bar can rock till 2 but the walls cut down a most of the noise, though the beat goes on. Our 6-p...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends