La Brisa Loca Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$84
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Miami SM(Santa Marta)
US$26
US$25
US$21
US$109
US$101
Hotel Valladolid(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$48
US$61
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Zuana Beach Resort(Santa Marta)
US$200
US$109
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat partyrooftop terracefree beerfun barparty atmospherebottom floorprivate roomfew blocksnice poollost citypartieshostelchillbackpackersdormmidnightvibe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

love this place great location, top atmosphere, helpful staff and amazing food. they always have good parties every night the roof terrace is perfect . its always clean ive been here 3 times and it just gets better every time!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I spent a few weeks here last oktober/november. The hostel felt like a home away from home. Everybody is very open and friendly. The staff puts in a great effort to make your stay as comfortable and fun as possible. Also they are more than willing to provide you with tips for the rest of your trip. The parties are great, in La Brisa there is something to do every night but the big parties they throw like Halloween are truly unforgettable!! They als have a weekly quiz to support a local foundation that educates poor children. LOVED THIS PLACE and will definitely be back. Much love for ryan and evan and the staff for making it possible for me to have such a great time here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed at La Brisa Loca many times since they opened, and each time I am more impressed with the improvements they have made -- in the building as well as the many amenities they have added. The last time I was there, I missed my flight leaving for the US because of an illness. One of the owners actually brought me to a clinic so I could get a letter to give the airline explaining why I missed my flight. Then Ricky (an amazing guy working at the reception desk) brought me to the airline office to translate and help me get a new flight. Everyone there is so helpful -- I felt like family. The building is beautiful, the pool clean, and my air conditioned room was perfect. I would highly recommend La Brisa Loca. Also, don't miss the fabulous food at Agave Azul, the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Traveling solo (female) I have had both the private room w/bath but also stayed in the dorm rooms. I love it all. The air conditioned rooms are nice, though. Santa Marta is very hot. I don't think they offer room service, but they knew I was sick so someone brought food to my room for me.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've stayed at this hostel before and must say it's second to none when it comes to having a great time. I stayed in their new rooftop rooms and they were outstanding. You get your own private bathroom, a nice big bed, and your own private balcony to chill out on. The hostel is nice and big but still has a nice community vibe to it. The main bar is always a great place to meet new people and the addition of the new rooftop bar area is great for having large parties and is a great place to chill out in a hammock and read a book. The location is also key because its in the heart of the historical section, about a five minute walk to the beach and is surrounded by Santa Martas best restaurants, like Agave Azul. If you check in around the afternoon you will meet Ricky the friendliest front desk guy in the business. The two brothers who run the place have made the best hostel experience anyone could ask for, make sure to check it out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've been to Colombia 4 times in the last 5 years and spent a total of 1.5 years in South America. Of all the hostels La Brisa Loca is the best! Always a fun atmosphere, they keep it clean, and the food / drinks are great. Thank you La Brisa Loca for always being a good friend to me, love you to pieces!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo