Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel
Hotel Casa Amani(Santa Marta)
US$111
US$98
US$59
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Zuana Beach Resort(Santa Marta)
US$255
US$85
  • Pool
Casa Verde Hotel(Santa Marta)
US$66
US$78
US$206
All reviewsapple tvprivate poolbeautiful hotelboutique hotelwithin easy walking distancegreat boutiquelounge areasister hotelrestaurants and barsbreakfast serviceseveral optionsfirst floorspent nightstayrona national parksmall hotelvisiting santa martathe ground floor
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Casa de Isabella is a beautiful Hotel in Centro.
It is tastefully decorarated and my room had all kind of amenities one could desire: apple TV, A/c, cealing fan, aromatheraphy, l'occitane products, etc.
It was clean and the bed and linens were top class.
The staff was great, from Ingrid, the manager, to the waitresses.
It is probably the hotel with the best quality/price ratio that I ever visited anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Paolo C
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Arriving in Santa Marta we took the time to look around for a hotel. After having seen hotels in different categories we went to look at Casa de Isabella as a last option. We had a very friendly reception and we were allowed to see three different rooms. We have chosen room number 7. Finally a real boutique hotel in Colombia! The room was nicely furnished and the bathroom was also great. The pool is not that big but is perfect with a lounge area where you can relax after a busy day at Tayrona National park.
The breakfast is great, you can chose eggs, pancake with marple syrup and anything else you like.
Casa de Isabella is the best!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hans_Emese
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We are trying to be chic and affordable. it is a balancing act but I think our staff is the heart. This is such a nice review thank you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I spent 4 nights in this lovely beautiful hotel. I was traveling alone in town to visit family. The rooms are immaculate and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was fresh and delicious. The whole hotel is gorgeous from the pool to the cucina to the sitting area with outside shower. I kind of wished I had reserved a suite to see what must be fantastic views of the Bay from the rooftop. The whole staff was exceptional! Especially Frankin, David and Dauner. If I needed anything they were there immediately to assist me. I needed transportation back to Baranquilla airport very early in the morning and they arranged to get a car for me. It was a 5-star experience! Thank you Casa de Isabella!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SophiaCeee

I thank you sor this 5 star review. Our staff is really the heart of everything we do at the hotel. This is why we add the optional tip as we want to build a team spirit. It is optional but is plit evenly between all staff and is only based on room rate.

I hope you used the 30% discount promotion through Trip Advisor. We actually have been surprised that everyone is not using it as rates are lower than the range shown on Trip Advisor by 30% currently as we build a clientele.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We spent one night in this absolute gem of a hotel and wish we could take it with us as we traveled around Colombia. We were greeted with a warm welcome and were accomodated when we asked if we could stay in an upstairs room as opposed to the street-level room we'd reserved. The room (#8) was beautiful with an incredibly comfortable bed and elegant decor. During the stay, we were able to use the hotels iPads, dipping pool, and enjoyed a large, delicious breakfast. Although I was not able to make international calls from our room (free to all staying at the hotel), I know the staff would have fixed the issue if my need had been more urgent. The best seafood restaurant in the city (Donde Chucho) is right around the corner. Overall, a wonderful stay! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 8 is beautiful - but it is right next to the breakfast sitting area (not a problem for us, but we are early risers!)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine C

Thank you for the wonderful review. I see you had trouble with the phone to make calls and also sure it was a minor issue. We spent a lot of time designing phone system with Google Voice and PBX for local. Thanks for review.

I hope you took advantage of the Trip Advisor discount which lowers rates 30% from what is seen on the rate range here.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel really stands out from others I've stayed in abroad. The attention to customer service is great. Everyone was very friendly, and surprisingly (compared to the rest of Colombia, a lot of people in the hotel speak English). Franklin was especially sweet and helpful during our stay.
The room was huge and very clean, and the hotel pool was very nice. There is a bar downstairs where you can sit and have a beer and mingle with the other guests.Breakfast is served outside on the porch everyday, and you can order the night before to make sure its ready. There is a very helpful booklet in the hotel that explains the services the hotel offers, along with simple things like wifi password and nearby restaurant menus. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Santa Marta!

Room Tip: The suites have ocean views and private jacuzzis...wish we had gotten one!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank trianne81
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the advice on breakfast. We met about this again and will be adding an additional part time person to help on days of higher occupancy. We currently have one addtional part timer but we need to try to get this service aspect better. Thank you and as we are trying to get the proper balance.