“Might be my favorite hotel ever”

Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Santa Marta
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel is a refuge in Santa Marta. This city has its charm, but this hotel is an oasis of luxury. From the check in time, we felt cared for. We arrived early for check in, so we roamed the city and had lunch, and by the time we got back our room was ready. Even though it was still before their offical check in time, they worked hard to prepare the room early for us. Breakfast had many options, and I was pleasantly surprised by the local Santa Marta dish. I forget what it was called, but it was tasty and kept me full for our long hike into Tayrona National Park! Through and through, this hotel completly impressed me. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We always try to get rooms ready as quickly as possible to allow for early check ins. There is no reason you shouldn't get into your room early if we can get it ready early for you. The traditional Santa Marta dish is called Cayeye, and it a green plantain purée with sausage and cheese. Its a local favorite, and we'd love to provide you the recipe if you are interested. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and the room was very nice, comfortable, good shower. The service is like a 5star, super friendly people, Ana, Emilse prepared the best breakfast with homemade bread :) and Luis and Javier were helpful all the time; the decoration is beautiful, makes a very cozy environment!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We were so happy to have you, and to help with any and all things. The homemade bread is something we enjoy making every day, and are glad you noticed. We put a lot of time and effort into the hotel's details and decoration, but it means nothing without our amazing staff. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated team. Remember to book directly with us over the phone, email, or our website for the best prices and promotions. Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am so happy that I chose Casa de Isabella for my time in Santa Marta, Columbia. I had been looking at a few boutique hotels in the area, and I settled on this one because of the great reviews I had read. The staff were so attentive and considerate during my entire stay. Every time I was sitting out by the pool they were quick to offer me a refreshing drink. The reception answered all my questions with knowledgable and informed answers, and they recommended some great restaurants nearby. I loved Ouzo. I didn't get to stay in the suites, but from the pictures with their rooftop terrace and private pool, they seem amazing. I cannot remember the name of the receptionist who helped me out, but special thanks to him for making this trip easy and special.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you kindly for your review. We greatly appreciate your stay with us, and we're so glad you enjoyed your time! Great service is so important to us, and we cannot tell you how happy we are that you took note of it. Thanks again, and remember for next time to book directly with us (over the phone, email, or via our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My stay at Casa de Isabella was truly incredible. From arrival, I felt at home and cared for. The receptionists all spoke English (A huge plus for me with my limited spanish), and were very knowledgable about the surrounding area. I slept very deeply, I almost missed breakfast! But I am glad I didn't, since its cooked to order with a bunch of menu options. Casa de Isabella really made my trip to Santa Marta, and I will have great memories.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank for you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of what we have created here, and are elated that you enjoyed your stay. The English-speaking reception is very important to us, as answers to questions in your own language can be so much more helpful than in a language you are just learning. When traveling, you want to get the most accurate information as possible, so English can be a great help. We hope to see you again soon, and be sure to book directly with us (over the phone, email, or the booking portal on our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I am so happy that I chose Casa de Isabella for my stay in Santa Marta. It was very relaxing and luxurious after my days of exploration. I stayed in the suite, which has a private terrace and plunge pool that overlooks the ocean and the city (highly recommended!). The staff were very attentive and helpful, I asked lots of questions about what to do and see around the city, and they answered all of them with detailed explanations. Apple TV was so cool, it made me want to stay in the room all day! But I made myself leave to see what Santa Marta has to offer. Great stay in this boutique hotel with all the best amenties. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

We really appreciate you taking the time you leave us these kind words! Its wonderful when someone truly gets what we are trying to create - and it seems like you got it. Yes, the suites have amazing views from their private terraces, and the private plunge pools up there make for great spots to pass a few delightful hours. We hope to see you again soon. Be sure to book directly with us (via phone, email, or our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel just for 1 night but I can say that is a very good choice for Santa Marta, especially if you are a couple. The hotel is nice and romantic. The staff is kind, the room big and clean. The breakfast is not so good, not so diverse. The localization is good. It is a really good choice of hotel, if you have time to enjoy it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. We do our best to provide a world-class guest experience, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. It is cooked to order with six options ranging from typical American style to traditional Santa Marta dishes. Next time, we will work to exceed your expectations in every possible way. Remember to always book directly with us (via email, phone, or through our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We arrived at Santa Marta airport and our transfer - arranged through the hotel - was waiting for us. We arrived earlier than the check in time but the staff kindly did everything possible to let us have our room earlier - we really appreciated this. I love this hotel. It's a beauty.

The hotel is really elegant - it has a gorgeous courtyard inside with a Tamarind Tree - we got a complientary tamarind juice on arrival which did the trick and relieved the effect of the heat/humidity. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in a twin room on the 1st floor just off the walkway to the splash pool and lounge area. The rooms are really clean - beds are really comfortable, shower/toilets are good too.

Santa Marta itself isnt the prettiest of towns - we walked down the beach and it wasn't the nicest, plus the weather was a bit off so we decided to stick to the hotel splash pool. We hung around the pool/lounge area for the afternoon playing cards and continuing the new found obsession with Club Colombia Beer.

Breakfast is delicious - you have 5 options (if I remember correctly), to choose from. I went for pancakes on both mornings because they are really good and filling. You also get fruit, juice - and coffee/tea. Loved it.

The hotel is in a good location - it is one street away from La Plaza de Los Novios which has a decent selection of bars/restaurants.

We stayed at Casa Isabella for one night on the way to Parque Tayrona and then another on the way to Cartagena.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommened.

Thank you to the staff at Casa Isabella - you were amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words. Its a pleasure to see you had such a good time with us. Tamarind juice from the tree is something we really enjoy ourselves and hope that everyone who comes takes full advantage of it as a complimentary refreshment. The pool/lounge area is very nice in the afternoons, it has some nice sunny spots as well as some shade. The pool is a great way to cool off in the Santa Marta heat. Then again, like you said, so is Club Colombia beer! Thanks again for the review, and remember to always book direct (email, phone, or through our website) for the best discounts and promotions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Marta
Zuana Beach Resort
Zuana Beach Resort
#8 of 67 in Santa Marta
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
#5 of 67 in Santa Marta

Been to Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!