“I'll say 'basic' to be kind”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel El Rodadero

Hotel El Rodadero
Ranked #50 of 69 Hotels in Santa Marta
Gent
“I'll say 'basic' to be kind”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was massively disappointed with the room and the staff at this property. When I was booking on EasytoBook.com, the description boasted about cable TV in every room, wireless internet, a poolside bar and excellent restaurants. It didn't really have any of those. The TV was a tiny box at the top corner of the bedroom, I needed binoculars to see it, the wireless internet never once worked and when I told them...I was assured it was my device it was the problem (never had problems anywhere else) there was no poolside bar and the one restaurant for breakfast was a total joke. One morning they refused to give my child breakfast because on their 'list' it was only marked down as 2 people staying, to emphasise the cheapness of them...my child is 2 years old, seriously, how much is she going to eat which will blow their rations?....the quality of the breakfast and the attitude of the staff was so bad, I didn't even eat it. To add insult to injury, they overcharged me for my stay, I am currently trying to retrieve the money back through visa as they have stopped responding to emails.

So, lets review the room.....it was awful, the shower was blocked, parts of the ceiling were coming off and in general the decor was horrible. The beds were cheap and uncomfortable.

El Rodadero has the unique title of being the one and only hotel that I have ever checked out of early. We were due to stay 4 nights...we ended up staying 2 - the staff acted all hurt when we told them to prepare the bill as we were leaving early, they even tried to claim that we had to do it via the agency we booked through...despite booking online.....after the whole debacle and the cheapness regarding breakfast, I can't believe they couldn't understand why.

If you are looking for a cheap hotel with basic accommodation, then this is probably fine for you - I was after a little bit of comfort....just a proper functioning shower and a TV that didnt look like it was snowing all the time. If you are going as a young family - really, avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: dont get one on the beach side - you'll never get to sleep as people party on the beach all nigh...