“this is THE RESTAURANT”

Isola Sarda
Ranked #15 of 325 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: El mejor sitio para probar la verdadera cocina casera Italiana en un ambiente acogedor y tradicional. Nuestra carta incluye pastas, pastas caseras, pasta con mariscos ,pizzas, lasanas, cannelloni,raviolis y muchas mas especialidades Italianas.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I think to be very critic on food, and I only review the restaurants when their service and food is excellent (except if I feel very bad with them): I do not like to review the bad ones.
This restaurant is THE RESTAURANT. I know very well Italian food, I have been to Italy and tried the best restaurants there.. I tried different Italian restaurants abroad but they are never comparable to what you can eat in Italy.
THIS RESTAURANT IS THE EXCEPTION.
first: I arrived, it was FULL of Italians. Italians are known to be very critic about their food.. I had a hint.
second: the service was excellent. All the staff cheered us, great smiles, very well welcomed. although the restaurant was really crowded they had some time to spend with us and explain their menu.
third: they are all Italians. the waiters, the chef. they all speak italian among them, you feel like being in Italy.
fourth: once you see the menu, you understand that they are giving you the best of Italian tradition. and everything is fresh and done by theirselves. I repeat: DONE BY THEIRSELVES!!!
The bread, the ricota cheese, the bacon, the fresh pasta.. everything!!!
Now... I did not know what to eat, but finally I decided. caprese salad, fresh tagliatelle with octopus, fresh raviolis with ricota. THEY DID THE PASTA IN FRONT OF ME!!! this is something very difficult to find in Italy.. and I am miles away from it.
Once I tasted that food... I realized I was in a special place. it is not normal, neither in the US, Canada or in Europe. who are they?!
chatting with the owner I understood. The Italian chef came from a 5 star restaurant in Milan, worked with the best Italian Chef in the world (there is his certificate exposed in the restaurant) and finally moved here to follow his friend (the owner).
I think that this restaurant is one of the best ones I have never been to. If I consider the service, their cheerful chats with us.. it is probably THE BEST I HAVE BEEN TO. and this is Italian.. out of Italy.
If you are in Colombia.. take a flight, come here. you have to taste it!

4  Thank Steve L

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This restaurant is more like what you would expect of an Italian osteria, great home style service, the owner is there and is actually Italian, and the food is good but the choice is poor. The starters consisted of only a list of bruschetta and the dessert menu consisted of a 'dessert of the day' and nothing else, not even so much as ice cream! They had a large selection of pizzas and pasta but their secondi were limited, especially given how for a town just on the coast, they only had salmon and mojarra (not even sea fish) on the menu. My partner and I shared pasta with a crab sauce and then had the eggplant parmesana each, both of which were tasty but we certainly would have chosen something else had more seafood been available. The dessert of the day was a panacotta with mango slices and a compote; it was rather tasty and not gelatinous, which is something important with regards to this dessert. The bread was also good; soft crust home-made (the pasta is also homemade). Including tip we paid 187,000 COP which included: tip, one pasta, two eggplant parmesana, a bottle of italian rose and one dessert, overall somewhat expensive for a neighborhood style restaurant, regardless of its flavorful dishes.

1  Thank D Q
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Was getting very tired of the restaurants in historic Downtown as well as the more touristy places. Arrived on a Monday night so we had our pick of tables as it is still Santa Marta no matter how good it is. This was really a place you feel like they are making the dishes just for you. Staff was great and owner/chef was first class. We tried a few different dishes and they were all done to perfection. You can decide what to get when your there as I hate when people say you have to try....The food was 5 stars in my opinion and ranked up there with some of the best restaurants in North America and Europe. Ambience was ok. It was very very clean but not the greatest spot. I didn't care because I was after the food but to be honest in my review and ratings. I will go back on a regular basis when I am in town and I will also suggest to anyone that it is a must.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went there to eat together with my wife last week. As it is pretty common world-wide to pour a local ´sauce´ over Italian food, my expectations were not that high; boy were we in for a surprise!

This is probably the best Italian restaurant we have been to out of Italy, It all starts already with the style of the place being very Italian and I mean this in a positive way. Menu has a nice choice of pastas, pizzas (currently only in the evenings), salads and secondi piatti. Cook has a degree in food anthropology and that truly comes out in the quality of the food. Everyhting is prepared which such delicate and balanced flavours that the food here even beats plenty of restaurants in Italy and that with limited local ingredients at their disposal.

Wine list is short, but adequate, especially if you consider that their red house wine (also by glass) is a delicious Montepulciano d'Abruzzo from 2010!!

This restaurant will definitely receive another visit of ours the coming week!

1  Thank lennartschoenmaker
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We went there Sunday afternoon around 3 and sat outside on the patio. Immediately we were greeted by the who we found out later was the owner. He was upbeat and friendly and brought the drinks out quickly (a juice, glass of wine and 2 beers). We had some questions on the menu and he answered them and explained they make their own pasta and actually brought it out and showed us how it was cut. Apparently the owner and the chef are friends from when they lived back in Milan. After we placed our order the chef came out and gave us some bread with olive oil and roasted tomatoes on top. I ordered Eggplant, my wife pasta with octopus, daughter something vegan and grandson had noodles and red sauce. The food came out with fresh bread (which was vegan as well) in maybe 10 minutes. The quality was amazing - as was the presentation. At first I assumed (based on living in the states) that the Eggplant would come with pasta and I thought it looked rather small but after i started eating I was very full and couldn't eat anything else. Initially I wanted Pizza - and they said that in Italy they have pizza at night - but still, their pizza looked really good on the menu and I wish they would serve it during the day (as we would go there more often).. It was a great treat and I'm so glad there are here in Rodadero and hopefully can have pizza during the day.

1  Thank HK2LS