“Beautiful. Best place to stay in Santa Marta”

Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #2 of 67 Hotels in Santa Marta
“Beautiful. Best place to stay in Santa Marta”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After 3 weeks travelling in Colombia there was no doubt that this was our favourite hotel of the whole trip. Fantastic rooms, beautifully decorated and great location to explore Santa Marta (which by the way is a town with a marina, not a beach as such). The hotel was stunning and we got great sleeps with the black out blinds! Coming from the UK however we weren't comfortable that a tip is automatically added to your accomodation bill; in the UK we don't automatically tip, and when we do it's for outstanding/extra service or if you wish to tip teh cleaners etc- it is not given to the hotel just for doing their job, but to an individual staff member who has made the effort. Whilst we loved our stay, some attention to detail was lacking in terms of service- for example we came back to the hotel after a trip to their sister hotel in Tyrona national park (which they were charging a fortune for transport between the two so we got the bus) and we left our luggage with the hotel as we were coming back the day after and when we returned it took 20mins to locate our bags, they could have just been brought to the room ready for us). This is only minor detail; overall the hotel itself is beautiful.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing- made us feel like a king and queen! But we also stayed in a standard room an...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Liveforholidays2010
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are so happy that Casa de Leda was your favorite hotel of the trip. We are proud of it and hope that everyone who comes can truly appreciate the Kali Hotel experience. I'm sorry about any confusion with the the tip. It does not automatically get added to your bill, however we accept tips upon checkout to make sure they get distributed evenly among all employees. They all work very hard, not just the ones serving breakfast and smiling at reception, so we want them all to share equally. Yes, the transport between Santa Marta and Villa Maria can be costly at around $35 USD each way, however we charge the same as any taxi. The bus can certainly be preferable at $4 USD. Thank you so much for this review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great location near the plaza, arrived from a fantastic 3 nights at sister hotel Villa Maria in the Tyrona National Park (would highly recommend a stay there) Staff very friendly and efficient continued on to another of the Kali chain, Casa Le Fe in Cartagana, also would highly recommend, all in all glad I spent the bulk of my holiday with them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thanks for staying with so many Kali hotels and thanks for leaving us this review! We hope that more people realize we offer a high quality experience in all of these locations along the Colombian coast. We love customizing packages for anyone looking to spend a few days in Santa Marta, Cartagena, Tayrona Park, or any combination. We hope to see you soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our stay was more than what we expected. Hotel staff were friendly, attentive and very helpful resulting in an amazing experience. Location was ideal to enjoy evening activities at the plaza. Accommodations were comfortable and very clean. Great experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing us. Our goal is for everyone to leave pleasantly surprised, and we're so happy that we achieved that with you. We hope that you return to visit us again, and if so, remember to call or email the hotel directly for the best discounts and promotions.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just arrived home from Colombia - we only spent one night at the Casa de Leda but it was lovely.
The hotel is beautiful and a great location. The staff helped us arrange and suggest options for the next part of our trip.
I'm a travel agent and would not hesitate to send any of my clients or family to a Kali Hotel. It's my second time to Santa Marta and this boutique hotel was fantastic.
Thank you!!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor but it was lovely. The suite at the top looked incedible!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jacob_Schwarz, Propietario at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to review us! It is such a pleasure to hear from people who were truly impressed by the Kali Hotel experience. It is our goal for every guest to leave feeling pleasantly surprised by their stay, and are elated that we succeeded with you. We hope to see you again soon, or you send us some friends and family! Remember to book directly with the hotel for great promotions and discounts.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent four nights here and it was just perfect. The room was so cute and charming, and most importantly very clean. The service was outstanding and for the first time I was at a place where I wanted to tip them so much but they would not take tips. The staff was so friendly and helpful and made our stay even better. Breakfast on the rooftop terrace was lovely and the cold pool was quaint and great way to cool off. I would recommend this place to anyone and it was a highlight of outer trip.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Casa de Leda. Thank for you highlighting the quality of our team. It was a big project to design and build the hotel, but no matter how many details are placed in the building, they mean nothing without a dedicated team. We hope to welcome you here again soon!
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Let me just say that my experience Could have been rotten. With the staff and wonderful management of the Kali Hotels, my experience was absolutely wonderful. I had found out that I was pregnant two days before I was to leave on business to Santa Marta, Colombia. The flights were brutal. By the time my boss and I had made it to the hotel, I was physically and emotionally dead tired.
We arrived at the first hotel Casa Isabella, with beautiful colors, friendly smiles and wonderful welcomes. Once there we sat on the terrace to relax while we waited for our room. We arrived at 10am and check in is at 3pm. After a few minutes I stared feeling dizzy and nauseous. I went to the front desk, the man spoke great English, and asked if there was anywhere I could lay down. He explained our room was not ready. Then I informed him that I was pregnant and dizzy. Then this Wonderful woman Ana walked over because she could see that I was not ok. He informed her that I was pregnant, dizzy and nauseous. She scurried away to return very quickly saying, in Spanish, that she had just cleaned a bed in a vacant room and wanted me to go lay down and that I could use that room until my room was ready. She hovered over me like a mother.
I have never in my life had such a great experience with a hotel and staff as I did at Casa de Isabella. In addition to all this, the next day we wanted to try their other hotel Casa de Leda, which was only a block away from Isabella (both part of Kali Hotels). The hotel staff transferred our luggage as my new room was available in the other hotel. This hotel is also amazing and the owner Jacob was extremely helpful. There was a booking error in regards to our hotel room and without hesitation Jacob had fixed the problem and set me up in a very nice, single person, room for accommodations. If you are ever traveling to Santa Marta and you know you will not be spending a lot of time in your room. Ask for the ‘single apartment room’ on the second floor. It is small but ever so perfect. The bathroom is upstairs and it is all beautifully designed.
Their complimentary breakfast choices are all wonderful but I would definitely recommend the pancakes. I don’t know what they do to make theirs special but they are very delicious and fluffy. The staff, owners and even the night crew are all amazing. You can use both pools at either hotel even if you only stay in one hotel or the other your entire trip. And honestly besides my “adopted mother Ana” the second best thing was this future momma asked for fresh orange juice at 11pm and they made it for me.
The next time I go to Santa Marta I know exactly where I am staying and I would, without a doubt recommend The Kali Hotels to Everyone!
Elizabeth Cardiel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
We are so glad that we were able to make your experience truly special. It is unfortunate that you ended up traveling under the circumstances, but we were very happy to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It was great to get to know you a little, and I wish you all the luck. Next time you are in the area, I sincerely hope you find the time to visit us in Santa Marta! Don't forget to book directly with the hotel for great discounts and promotions.
Nantucket, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This boutique hotel In Santa Marta two blocks from all the restaurants in the historic district came as a incredible surprise. The rooms are fantastic each with their own identity quirks wifi very strong front desk great with English and the owner always floating around checking on your stay. THe upstairs lounge slash patio looks right at the oldest church in South America. We couldn't be happier we chose casa de Leda and for where you are the price and treatment it was five stars in relative terms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacob_Schwarz, Owner at Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you so much for this amazing review. It was nice to hang out with you a little bit and hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable. We are very proud to offer Casa de Leda and are so happy when our hard work pays off with a happy guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Marta
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
Hotel Boutique Don Pepe
#5 of 67 in Santa Marta
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park

Been to Casa de Leda - a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!